Seeking Geriatrician - Northeast INDIANA - Large Multi-specialty Group
Lutheran Medical Group is looking to hire a BC/BE Geriatrician to join a large multispecialty group within Lutheran Health Network in Fort Wayne, IN. Physician will be part of the primary care practice on the Dupont Hospital campus and help to develop and chair several specialty geriatric programs including a Geriatric ED, a Geriatric Fracture Program and an Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) unit. With the ever-increasing geriatric population in Fort Wayne, these programs will cater to this demographic and help feed your geriatric outpatient practice.
- 36 clinical hours per week = flexible schedule
- Mostly outpatient with some inpatient consults
- 1:25 call group = great quality of life!!
- Chair and develop specialty geriatric programs at Dupont Hospital
- Lutheran Medical Group is part of Lutheran Health Network, an 8 hospital healthcare system in northeastern Indiana.
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
- Base salary guarantee plus incentive
- Commencement and/or Signing Bonus
- Quality Bonus
- Medical Education Debt Repayment
- Residency Stipend
- Relocation Expenses
- CME, Licensure, Dues, Subscriptions
- Health and Retirement
- *No Visa support
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+
- Named All-American City Award and a City of Livability
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
10 minute drive to work – no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking
Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses and 300 lakes within 50 miles of Fort Wayne
Family activities: the award winning Children’s Zoo and Science Central
Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three-hours)
Dupont Hospital was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Thompson Reuters in 2012, in addition to making the Becker’s Hospital Review list of “100 Great Community Hospitals.” This Lutheran Health Network member is a 131-bed facility that has always focused on providing a five-star experience for its guests. Dupont’s key areas of service include inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, neonatal intensive care, emergency services and radiology. It is also home to specialized centers for sleep and breast health. The hospital has an accredited chest pain center. Dupont offers a growing robotic surgery program that features the da Vinci Si system and the region’s only OB Stat program that ensures onsite coverage 24/7 from an obstetrician and support team so the emergent needs of mom and baby are immediately addressed before or after birth.
Lutheran Health Network, whose members are owned by subsidiaries of Community Health Systems, is an integrated healthcare delivery system and the largest healthcare provider in the region with eight separately licensed hospitals and nearly 1,000 licensed beds including 793 in Allen County alone. The foundation of Lutheran Health Network is a strong team consisting of more than 7,000 associates. Each network entity offers a wide range of services and specialties. LHN facilities had more than 41,500 inpatient admissions and more than half a million outpatient visits in 2012. The community of Ft. Wayne, Indiana is a great place to live, work and play. Ft. Wayne, the state’s second largest city, is a three-time All-America City Award winner and has also received the City Livability Award from The United States Conference of Mayors. Our community is affordable – 9% below the national average – and regularly ranks near the top of the list for most affordable housing. The educational system includes multiple universities and excellent public and private schools. Art and cultural activities include a 66-mile trail network, the Philharmonic, multiple museums, and sports teams. “The Summit City” also offers many opportunities for golf enthusiasts including courses designed by Jack Nicklaus. Furthermore, Ft. Wayne is centrally located and just a short drive from major metropolitan areas such as Chicago, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Detroit.
Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized care through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of Lutheran Health Network allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable it to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.
Network members include Bluffton Regional Medical Center, Dukes Memorial Hospital, Dupont Hospital, Kosciusko Community Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, The Orthopedic Hospital, RediMed, Rehabilitation Hospital of Ft. Wayne, St. Joseph Hospital and Community Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of the network located in northwestern Ohio.
www.LutheranHealth.net and www.VisitFortWayne.com