Psychiatrist in North Dakota
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Meridian Behavioral Health LLC is a leader in behavioral healthcare with a network of addiction treatment centers and acute psychiatric hospitals nationwide. Red River Behavioral Health is our acute psychiatric hospital located in Grand Forks, ND. Here we serve patients of all ages and are looking for a new psychiatrist to support our patient care needs.
Learn more about our hospital and leadership here: Red River Behavioral Health
About the Job and Hospital:
- Weekend coverage - once every three weeks
- Average patient load: 12 - 15
- Call: Once per week
- Average length of stay: 7 days
- Option to work in a telemed capacity a few days a week
In this Role you Will:
- Evaluate and assess patient
- Perform routine history and physical exams
- Round on patients
- Admissions, discharges, and family consults
- Medication management
- Address various acute, minor psychiatric problems
- Perform routine follow-up of chronic illness
- Order, collect and review lab results as needed
- Assess, diagnose, and report findings to Medical Director for treatment planning
- Expect to take call rotation during off hours
- May complete admission paperwork with clients.
- Administrative support as directed to medical and clinical staff.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and / or outside medical providers to maintain client’s continuity of care
- Participate in quality assurance activities.
- Possess a license to practice Psychiatric medicine, ideally already within the state of North Dakota or able to obtain.
Meridian Behavioral Health and Red River Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Access to a scribe to assist with documentation.
- An assortment of incentives is available - sign on, loan repayment, relocation assistance, etc.
- 20 days of paid time off + 6 paid holidays
- Funds for CME/CEU + 5 days for use
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with a 4% employer match
- and more!
Red River Behavioral Health System (Grand Forks, ND) is a 70-bed free-standing psychiatric hospital providing acute inpatient stabilization services for adolescents and adults experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Using a multidisciplinary team approach, our inpatient hospitalization services offer medicinal and therapeutic interventions that are individualized to each patient and designed to stabilize acute psychiatric conditions.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our hospital is built on the foundation of dignity and respect as we promote self-awareness, personal growth and hope for the future. We’re led by a seasoned team with extensive experience, passion and a strong track record for providing quality psychiatric care.