Psychiatrist- Inpatient and Outpatient
- Provides psychiatric services to a diverse patient population within the clinic and inpatient setting.
- Provide direct clinical care in psychiatry, including brief assessments and interventions, in a primary care setting
- Develop behaviorally-focused, outcomes-based treatment plans of care that address mental health, functional impairment, and co-occurring addictive or medical disorders
- Engage the patient and family to develop treatment plans that address identified goals
- Provide a minimum of 36 patient contact hours per week
- Champion primary care behavioral health, a model of integrated care that focuses on the full spectrum of patient health through close collaboration with multi-disciplinary primary care teams
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of the behavioral health needs of their patients
- Develop and lead staff education in psychiatric issues
- Participate in relevant and ongoing professional training
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine.
- Completion of a psychiatry residency
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board Certified in Psychiatry within 2 years of hire
- Team-oriented; relates well with patients, families and multi-disciplinary clinical partners
- Practices evidence-based decision making and supports clinical quality improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitive listening/questioning abilities
- Exhibits time efficiency, flexibility and ability to manage in a high paced environment
New Ulm is nestled just 90 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, in the heart of the Minnesota River Valley. The town is famous for its authentic German heritage, celebrated in festivals, historic monuments, attractions, shopping and many cultural events. Three school systems, complemented by numerous parks, safe neighborhoods and abundant recreational opportunities, make New Ulm an outstanding place both to live and work.
New Ulm, the city of "Charm & Tradition", is nestled just 90 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, in the heart of the scenic Minnesota River Valley. The community is home to 15,000 people and boasts a thriving, diverse economy with a healthy mix of retail, manufacturing and industry. New Ulm is famous for its authentic German heritage and with all of the festivals, historic monuments, attractions, shopping and many cultural events; you’ve got to see for yourself why the Federal census of 2000 called New Ulm the "most German city in the USA". Exceptional medical access and three school systems, complimented by numerous parks, safe streets and abundant recreational opportunities make New Ulm a great place to settle down and raise a family.
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its:
- 62 Allina Health clinics
- 49 rehabilitation locations
- 23 hospital-based clinics
- 12 hospitals
- 15 retail pharmacies
- 2 ambulatory care centers
- specialty medical services, including hospice care, oxygen and home medical equipment and emergency medical transportation