Psychiatrist Adult or Child&Adolescent - Northern New Mexico, 100% Outpatient & Loan Repayment
Our ideal candidate is a Psychiatrist who can see both children and adults, however, we may be able to modify our practice should an Adult Psychiatrist or a Psychiatrist - Child/Adolescent expresses interest in our opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a professional position of a highly complex nature involving the direct medical care of patients. The work is performed independently with clinical oversight provided by the Vice President of Clinical Affairs and administrative supervision provided by the Program Administrator and/or Region Director. The Psychiatrist must operate in accordance with the terms and conditions of the various contracts and grants providing for the funding of programs and projects.
• For assignment to the Behavioral Health Telehealth Program, will deliver services through a telehealth model.
• Graduation from a medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or the Committee on Hospitals of the Bureau of Professional Education of the American Osteopathic Association, or Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners or National Board of Osteopathic Examiners or the New Mexico Medical Board.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
• Board eligible or certified in Psychiatry.
• Licensed to practice medicine by the State of New Mexico with ability to obtain admitting privileges and active staff membership at local hospital, if applicable.
• DEA license.
• New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR).
• Medicare PIN and UPIN numbers.
• Medicaid number.
• Have First Aid and BLS/CPR or ACLS certifications within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certifications current at all times.
• If assigned to the San Juan County Adolescent Residential Treatment Center (RTC), must have or be able to obtain BLS/CPR certifications during pre-service training.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• TB Test (and upon exposure in accordance with PMS Policies).
• Criminal Records Check.
PMS' Farmington Community Health Center (FCHC) is our flagship and largest health center within the company. We have a strong integrated model of care at this facility - delivering Behavioral Health, Dental, and Primary Care to our Farmington and the surrounding communities.
Our clinic boasts 31 robust exam rooms, a procedure room, 8 dental bays, an onsite Pharmacy, lab services, Totah, and more. In direct response to our community's needs, the FCHC created a substance abuse clinic and Totah, where we provide healthcare blended with traditional Native American healing practices. Our site also offers social services so that none of our patients leave feeling helpless nor homeless. Our health center has gained notoriety for our endeavors and impact in the community. Google "Presbyterian Medical Services Farmington" to learn more!
FCHC is staffed by large Primary Care, Behavioral Health, and Dental teams. We have Medical and Dental directors readily available to not only deliver quality care but to also support any of our providers who need them. Additionally, FCHC has a Region Director, Laura Ann Crawford, and Site Administrator, Kelly Reeves, who are also available for support and direction.
As a provider at our health center, you will be a part of an organization that promotes integrated care and collegiate settings. Rest assured that you will enjoy our generous PTO plan, CME days off, CME stipend, achievable incentive plan, and work-life balance. Call is one Saturday every 6-8 weeks in Farmington.
We are a National Health Services Corps eligible site with a corporate-wide HPSA Score of 18 for Primary Care.
As the commercial center of the Four Corners and just 45 minutes away from Colorado’s finest skiing resorts (Purgatory Ski Resort), Farmington offers plenty of area hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, fishing, camping, ATV enjoyment, and more. It really encapsulates the American Frontier experience and is nestled between the San Juan, Animas and La Plata rivers and surrounded by MAGNIFICENT landscapes. Farmington has a population of approximately 50,000. These lucky community members, enjoy a comfortable year-round climate that entails all four seasons, mild winters, and 270 days of sunlight. It has an incredible cost of living, which median home values at $172,600. Consider taking advantage of the community tours we offer should you interview for one of our opportunities in the area.
Links of Interest: