Pediatric Neurology Opportunity in Rockford, Illinois
Excellent Pediatric Neurology Opportunity Located Near Chicago, IL
At Mercyhealth, we serve with a passion for making lives better. Every day we strive to provide an exceptional experience to every patient we come in contact with…every life we touch. Our patients, their families and our communities deserve this quality caring commitment. We are always here, giving compassionate care, every minute of every day. We are here because touching lives invigorates and inspires the best in us. This is our passion for making lives better.
- In January 2019 Mercyhealth opened a brand new state-of-the-art $505 million dollar women's and children's hospital located off of I-90.
- Mercyhealth's Regional Children's hospital includes a 53-bed NICU, a 8-bed PICU and serves a 12-county region.
- Enjoy a built in referral system from 10-primary care satellite clinics.
- For those interested in teaching, Rockford Health System has a direct affiliation agreement with the University Of IL School Of Medicine, Rockford.
- This is a full time, hospital employed position.
- Close location to Chicago, IL (1 hour and 15 minutes away)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation
- Relocation assistance and CME allowance, plus paid licensing
- Comprehensive benefits included heath, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement plans
- Paid malpractice and tail coverage
- Sign on Bonus and student loan forgiveness negotiable
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 800 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 85 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care. We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services, offering the highest level of care available at our neonatal intensive care unit, caring for the most fragile preemies in the region’s only Small Baby Unit, and serving as a State of Illinois-designated Perinatal Center for an 11-county region.