RWJBarnabas Health Seeking Sleep Medicine Focused Pediatric Pulmonologist (Northern NJ)
RWJBarnabas Health, the largest integrated health system in New Jersey, is seeking a Pediatric Pulmonologist, specializing in sleep medicine, for a full-time faculty position. This position will have privileges at both The Children’s Hospital of New Jersey part of Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, New Jersey. Ideal candidates will be sleep trained and sleep focused, dedicated on building and helping to cultivate a sleep program throughout the hospital system.
- Employed full-time pediatric pulmonary role with strong focus on sleep medicine (no critical care responsibilities)
- Provide full range of pediatric pulmonary clinical services, both inpatient and outpatient-focused role with teaching responsibilities
- Robust referral base and existing infrastructure for diagnostic procedures as well as sleep studies conducted on-site
- Support inpatient consults from pediatric inpatient unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and newborn nursery at both Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Must be board certified or board-eligible in Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine and fellowship trained in Sleep Medicine
- Experience in and desire to continue with bronchoscopy program has added value
- Prior sleep medicine experience is desirable as is a passion for caring for children with complex medical needs
- We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who embody our company's core values – please feel free to reach out to us!
To learn about this and other positions, please contact Amal Elmogahzy, Physician Recruiter at RWJBarnabas Health directly via email: Amal.Elmogahzy@RWJBH.org or phone: 862-236-0720 or Dr. Evelyn Montalvo Stanton at Evelyn.MontalvoStanton@rwjbh.org.
Since 1865, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, New Jersey’s oldest and nonprofit, nonsectarian hospital, has worked to exceed our community’s highest expectations for compassionate, comprehensive health care. The institution traditionally treats more than 35,000 inpatients and over 87,000 Emergency Department patients each year. The Medical Center and the Barnabas Health Ambulatory Care Center provide treatment and services for more than 300,000 outpatient visits annually.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center has long been recognized as a leader in providing the highest level of patient care-delivering nearly 5,800 babies annually, caring for more newly diagnosed cancer patients, creating breakthroughs in the field of infertility, and providing more than 100 medical and surgical specialty and subspecialty services.
Saint Barnabas is accredited by The Joint Commission and the American Medical Association Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Among Saint Barnabas’ nationally recognized facilities are The Burn Center, the only certified burn treatment facility in the state; the Barnabas Health Renal and Pancreas Transplant Division, one of the most active transplant programs in the country; Barnabas Health Heart Centers, a world-class cardiac surgery program in affiliation with Newark Beth Israel Medical Center; Neurology and Neurosurgical Services at Saint Barnabas an unprecedented team of experts dedicated to diagnosing and treating disorders of the brain and nervous system; the Regional Perinatal Center, providing care for high-risk and critically ill infants in New Jersey’s leading Level III, a 56-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; comprehensive Pediatric Services including a dedicated intensive care unit; The Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, designated by the American Society of Bariatric Surgery; a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center, The Center for Sleep Disorders; The Comprehensive Stroke Center at Saint Barnabas; extensive services in robotic and minimally-invasive surgery, The Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science at Saint Barnabas, the widely recognized assisted reproductive technology program; and comprehensive cancer programs and services that includes one of the largest Radiation Oncology programs in northern New Jersey and a highly-specialized Gastrointestinal Cancer Center of Excellence.
Saint Barnabas is part of Barnabas Health, New Jersey’s largest integrated health care delivery system with acute care hospitals, a Behavioral Health Center, ambulatory care facilities, a statewide behavioral health network and comprehensive home care and hospice programs.