Physician (Oncology - Hematology) – Franciscan Physician Network – Indianapolis, Indiana
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a full time Board Certified/Board Eligible physician to join our team at Franciscan Physician Network Oncology & Hematology Specialists located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
WHAT WE NEED:
Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and existing medical staff. Physician will need to work collaboratively to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Medical Oncology Board Certified
- Hematology Board Certified Preferred
- Traditional clinic schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Covering every 7th weekend
- Inpatient hospitalist rotation once every 7 weeks
- Weekend call: 1:7
- Holiday call: 1:6
- Anticipated outpatient volume for new provider: Gradually work up to 21 patients per day within two years
- Inpatient Volume: 25-35 per rounding list
- Outreach Locations:
- Putnam County
- Decatur County Hospital
- Major Hospital
- Most Common Diagnoses
- Head and neck
- Gynecologic cancers; benign and malignant hematologic disorders
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes more than 900 physicians and advanced practice providers at 260 locations, who are devoted to creating the best outcomes for more than 4 million outpatient visits annually.
Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest employing a work force greater than 18,000. With 14 hospitals and a number of nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence, Franciscan Health takes pride in providing convenient, comprehensive care for our patients and the community we serve.
Our calling is to provide exceptional healthcare services that will continue Christ’s ministry in our Franciscan tradition. Experienced providers who share our mission of quality, compassionate care and outstanding customer service are encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Permitted Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHO WE ARE
A trusted leader in providing faith-based, integrated healthcare, Franciscan Health brings together the latest technology, innovative procedures and highly skilled and compassionate employees to serve our patients in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. With a mission of "Continuing Christ's Ministry in our Franciscan Tradition," our award-winning, accredited hospitals and health facilities serve everyone with respect and compassion in a welcoming and healing environment.
Our facilities have earned Centers of Excellence designations, five-star quality awards and top rankings in our states and nationwide. Franciscan Health Indianapolis features the only full-service heart and vascular care program on the south side of Indianapolis. Our Indianapolis hospital, just north of Greenwood, was named one of the 100 top hospitals in the United States by Truven Health Analytics.
Franciscan Health Indianapolis
- Licensed bed capacity: 416
- Annual inpatient admission: 21,000
- Annual outpatient visits: 1,546,913
- Annual Emergency Department visits: 101,822
- Annual surgical procedures: 23,460
- Births: 2,491
- Total physicians: 1,339
- Franciscan Health is a member of the Mishawaka, Indiana-based Franciscan Alliance, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest with 14 growing hospitals, approximately 20,000 employees and a number of nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
- The American Cancer Society has recognized Franciscan Health with a Five-Star Investor Award and a Five-Star Community Investor Award in the fight against cancer.
- Franciscan Physician Network Oncology & Hematology Specialists has been recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI® Certification Program certifies oncology practices that meet the highest quality standards for cancer care.
The program provides a three-year certification. (2014-2016)
- America’s 100 Best Critical Care Award (Healthgrades, 2014-2015)
- Recipient of Critical Care Excellence Award (Healthgrades, 2013-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Treatment of Sepsis (Healthgrades, 2013-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Treatment of Respiratory Failure (Healthgrades, 2013-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Diabetic Emergency Treatment (Healthgrades, 2013-2014)
- Franciscan Health Emergency Department awarded the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award. (June 2014)
- 5-Star Rated for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries (Healthgrades, 2012-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Colorectal Surgeries (Healthgrades, 2012-14)
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award (Healthgrades, 2013)
- No. 4 for GI services in Indiana (Healthgrades, 2013)
- 5-Star rated for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction (Healthgrades, 2013)
Major Service Lines
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Colon & Rectal
- Heart & Vascular
- Pain Management
- Primary Care Physicians
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Disorders
- Stroke Care
- Weight Loss/Bariatrics
- Women’s Health/OBGYN
- Rated Top 10% in the nation for joint replacement surgery (2009).
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award (2009)
- Recipient of the HeathGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award (2008)
- Rated Top 5% in the nation for overall orthopedic services.
- Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement Surgery – nine years in a row (2003-2011)
- Five-Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement – nine years in a row (2003-2011)
- Named to Solucient's Top 100 Hospitals in 2005, 2008 and 2009.
- Franciscan Health is the first Indianapolis-area hospital to use a computer navigation system, allowing surgeons to more accurately position hip and knee implants.
WHERE WE LIVE
Indianapolis is located in beautiful Marion County, IN. Located 3.5 hours southeast of downtown Chicago, 4 hours to Michigan and 4.5 hours to Nashville, TN.
Population: Indianapolis = 864,771 Marion County = 939,020
Indianapolis is in the heart of it all. Whether you are looking for a quiet suburb feel, the hustle and bustle of living in downtown, Indianapolis offers affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools surrounding the city.
- Indianapolis has a plethora of restaurants to choose from. From the famous Hoosier Tenderloin, cuisines from around the world, farm-to-table eats with many more options to choose from
- Diverse employment base with good commercially-insured base of employees
- Outdoors Activities available:
- Close proximity to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS)
- Visit Fountain Square, Mass Ave, Broad Ripple
- Catch a Pacers game
- Check out one of our many museums: the Children's Museum, Indiana State Museum, the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and many more
- Stroll along the Indianapolis Downtown Canal Walk which winds through White River State Park
- Check out the Indianapolis Zoo
- Indianapolis Indians
- Indianapolis Colts
- Bike and walk the Monon Trail
- Hunting opportunities available in the region
- Bike, run, walk, hike and enjoy the water actives at Eagle Creek or Fort Benjamin Harrison
- Play a round of golf, at one of the many golf courses Indianapolis has to offer
Physician & Provider Liaison
Central Indiana Division
“I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.” - Philippians 4:13
Charlie Smith is the Physician & Provider Liaison for Central Indiana at Franciscan Physician Network. He is passionate about building relationships with the providers, FPN stakeholders, and ensuring we hire the best candidate for each position.