Psychiatrist Needed in Washington, DC
Medstar Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C., has an opening for a Psychiatrist in their Outpatient Behavioral Health Department. The program is adult psychiatry and the hours are from 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. There is some evening and weekend on-call responsibilities, that is shared with other physicians employed at the facility.
Academic affiliation/duties are possible if desired. The need is for a full time, permanent position, but part time candidates are welcome to apply.
The hospital is offering a competitive base salary, complete benefit package, including paid malpractice, CME, Health Insurance, 401k and much more!
MD/DO or International Equivalent
BC / BE in Psychiatry
For more than a half a century, MedStar Washington Hospital Center has set the highest standard for health care—and reached and surpassed it year after year.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center is a not-for-profit, 926-bed academic medical center in the center of the nation’s capital—and every day, hundreds of people in the region depend on us for their care. In 2013 alone, the hospital opened its door for nearly 500,000 inpatient and outpatient visits by residents from throughout the Mid-Atlantic.
We are the busiest and largest hospital in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding area—and serve as referral center and the central hub for the region’s most advanced acute medical care.
But we are much more! Our primary and secondary health services help our community’s residents get and stay healthy, and help to improve patients’ quality of life by managing chronic illness.Our inpatient services, education and research programs, outpatient care and community outreach initiatives are all aimed at meeting today’s health care needs—and at leading the way to meet the future health needs of the nation.
About Diamond Healthcare
Behavioral health issues—whether it’s addiction, mental illness, anxiety or other problems—affect millions of lives. But getting the right treatment and care can be difficult. Our goal is to bring top professionals and high quality behavioral healthcare to individuals and communities everywhere.
The Diamond Healthcare Advantage:
- Teamwork – Each role is essential to the success of our programs. Diamond employees know that even if they aren’t directly treating the patient, they are still affecting patient care.
- Cutting Edge Care – Our multidisciplinary teams work across the country in small rural hospitals to large urban facilities. We continually seek new courses of treatment in order to return patients to a higher quality of life and provide the best opportunity for recovery.
- Ethical – Our commitment to professionalism and ethical patient care starts at the top. The work we do here has long-term and wide reaching affects for our patients and their families and we don’t take that lightly.
- Results Oriented – We are committed to increasing the knowledge and skills of our team. From in-depth annual trainings, a leadership program, annual service awards, and opportunities for internal promotion, Diamond employees have the access they need to grow in their profession.
- Experienced – Diamond has over 30 years of experience in the field, and we’re still expanding the reach of quality behavioral health care and our array of services.
Diamond is looking for professionals who embrace the recovery process, are excited to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary treatment team and are committed to delivering the highest quality patient care possible.