AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiothoracic Surgery at Waterman - Surgical Physician Assistant
Cardio Thoracic Surgery Physician Assistant, PA-C
AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiothoracic Surgery at Waterman- Tavares, FL
AdventHealth Waterman is a 269-bed, full-service community hospital located in the heart of Lake County. Founded in 1938 by Frank Waterman, president of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, the hospital has grown from an 18-bed facility to a leading provider of acute and home health services in Central Florida. The hospital joined the Adventist Health System in 1992 and moved to its current location in 2003. With more than 1,700 employees and nearly 280 physicians on its medical staff, the hospital treats more than 15,000 inpatients a year and treats more than 65,000 patients in its Emergency Department annually.
Serve as an integral role in the global management of cardiothoracic surgery patients, including all aspects of peri-operative care from performing patient histories and daily rounds to invasive surgical procedures, including endoscopic vein harvest for coronary artery bypass graft procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting
- Handles daily patient rounds (including the CVICU), patient education and discharge summaries
- Performs invasive procedures, such as chest tube insertions, placement of central venous, dialysis and Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines and removal of intra-aortic balloon pumps
- Exhibits autonomy in the operating room when required
- Endoscopic vein harvest, including greater and lesser saphenous veins and/or radial arteries, for use as a bypass conduit (proficient in use of Maquet EVH system)
- Performs first assistant duties on all adult cardiac and thoracic cases
- Meets the specific needs of the attending surgeon, often assisting several surgeons in a single practice
- Has exacting knowledge of each surgeon's idiosyncrasies to expedite the procedure and limit patient morbidity and mortality
- Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between physician and PA
- Has extensive knowledge of ventilator management and artificial cardiac devices
- Performs duties of a primary care PA
- Manages other disease entities frequently encountered in the cardiac population, namely hypertension, diabetes, COPD, asthma, pneumonia and others
- Call requirements will be rotated weekly along with weekends
Community and Benefit Highlights
- Very close proximity to the beautiful Downtown Mount Dora and less than an hour's drive to Downtown Orlando.
- Easy commute to nearby beaches and local theme parks such as Disney and Universal Studios among many more
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits, Extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plans
- Relocation Assistance
- 1-2 yrs experience in CT Surgery as a surgical first assist
- Proficient in endoscopic vein harvesting
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA-C license
- Accreditation by NCCPA
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit.
More than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in physician practices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers provide individualized, wholistic care.
Our Christian mission, shared vision, common values and focus on whole-person health is our commitment to making communities healthier with a unified system: 46 hospital campuses and hundreds of care sites in diverse markets throughout nine states.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|