Psychiatrist needed near Mississippi with loan repayment
The Iowa Primary Care Association is actively recruiting for a Psychiatrist for a Community Health Center in West Burlington, IA.
- Clinic Hours: M/W 7:00am-7:00pm and T/TH/FRI 7:00am-6:00pm
- Patients: 8-10
- Number of Exam Rooms: 1 per provider
- Current Staff: 1 Psychiatrist, 2 Psych NP, 1 LMHC, 1 substance abuse counselor and the Keokuk team
- Call: None and no hospital
- Will provide telehealth services as well
- Compensation: Salaried Position
- Contract Length: 3 years
- Insurance: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance: FTCA
- Disability Insurance: Short- term and Long-Term disability
- CME: $3000 and 5 days
- PTO: 20 days per year
- Holidays: in addition to PTO
- Loan Repayment: NHSC and PRIMECARRE
- Retirement Plan: 403B with match
- Relocation potential
- Retention bonuses
Health Center Overview:
- EHR: NextGen, EHR and IT support
- CHC/SEIA established in 2001 and became a FQHC in 2002
- 5 primary care clinic sites in Iowa and Illinois
- Services patients in Des Moines, Henry, Lee, and Louisa Counties in Iowa
- Located in Health Professional Shortage and Medically Underserved Areas
- Newly Constructed facility in 2007
- West Burlington is nestled in Southeast Iowa along the shores of the Mississippi River
- Located in Des Moines County, home to 50,000 residents
- The cities are a hub for shopping, dining, entertainment, recreation, education, and healthcare
- Quality Education: public and private schools, community colleges, four-year universities in Burlington
- West Burlington’s population= 3,161 and Burlington’s population= 27,000
- Largest industry is manufacturing
- 200 miles SW of Chicago, 200 miles NW of Saint Louis
- Nearby the Quad Cities
- Cost of living is 10% less than the national average.
- Commuter train is two hours to Chicago
- Airport flies daily to Chicago, Minneapolis, and St. Louis on Air Choice One. People also fly from Cedar Rapids
- Lots of amenities in the area: Anytime Fitness, Great River Workout facility, Spirit Hallow Golf Course, Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera, Hy-Vee, Menards, Ashley’s Home Store, Kohls, Aldi, Shopko, Fareway, Target, Catfish Bend Casino and Fun City, Huck’s Harbor Water Park, Crapo Park, The famous Snake Alley, Art Center of Burlington, Dankwardt Park, Capitol Theater, Olive Wine, Des Moines County Heritage Center Museum, Garrett Phelps House Museum, Burlington Road Races, Friday Fest, Minor League Baseball Burlington Bees, Farmers Market, and more
Greater Burlington is nestled in southeast Iowa along pristine shores of the Mississippi River and is rapidly increasing in numbers. 50,000 residents that live in Des Moines county and Greater Burlington area. The area attracts global employers and visitors from around the world. The cities are a hub for shopping, dining, entertainment, recreation, education and health care for more than 150,000 people in a seven-county region. From diverse recreational institutions to abundant business opportunities, Burlington/West Burlington has an exceptional life matched with small town hospitality.
Quality education is a priority. There are public and private elementary and high schools, as well as community colleges and four year colleges located in Burlington. A broad variety of all types of religions are represented in the communities. A state-of-the-art hospital facility is located in the community.
The Iowa Primary Care Association (Iowa PCA) is a statewide non-profit membership organization comprised of community health centers and other safety net providers in Iowa. Our mission is to provide leadership by promoting, supporting, and developing quality health care for underserved populations in Iowa.
CHC/SEIA, established November 2001, became a federally funded community health center in September 2002 with five primary clinic sites in Iowa and Illinois. CHC/SEIA services the residents of Des Moines, Henry, Lee and Louisa counties in Iowa and Hancock County in Illinois. All CHC/SEIA's current six facilities are located in Health Professional Shortage and/or Medically Underserved Areas and all are located in rural areas within the resources available to the organization. Primary health care services are offered to all individuals in the region with a specific emphasis on serving the low-income, underinsured, Medicaid and Medicare populations.