Success Happens When you Start With your People
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? Sound Physicians is seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. As healthcare becomes more complex it takes a resilient leader to collaborate and find new ways to bring a team together and provide high-quality care for patients every day. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders with a dedicated learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
Aiken Regional Medical Center in Aiken, South Carolina has been serving the community in 1917 and has since grown to 273 acute care beds offering a wide range of specialties and services. Services include a 24/7 emergency room, women’s center, behavioral health center, cardiovascular imaging, neurosurgery, and more! Aiken Regional Medical Centers is accredited by The Joint Commission and has received multiple awards, including #1 most caring hospital in the region!
- 12 physician team with 6 advanced practitioners and a clinical performance nurse
- Award-winning program with supportive resources, including cancer care, cardiovascular institute, and a neurosciences center
- Aurora Behavioral Health services - 62-bed facility for acute care crisis
- 34-bed, open ICU with intensivists on staff
- 27 bed ED with 55,000 annual visits
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement. Are you ready to reach your greatest human potential? Apply today!
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Prior chief hospitalist experience preferred
Location and Lifestyle
Minutes from Augusta, GA and an hour from Columbia, Aiken, South Carolina is a 4-time winner and named by Southern Living Magazine as the 2018 “South’s Best Small Town. With lush, idyllic mountains and beautiful sandy beaches less than three hours away, this is the perfect home for anyone. The old and new blend perfectly to provide a lifestyle that suits the most discriminating of tastes- affordable living, the mild climate for year-round outdoor activities. A beautiful, thriving downtown complimented by a busy retail mall; an exceptional business environment located in a small but globally cosmopolitan town; cozy cottages and single-family homes nestled among grand, historic estates; a contemporary, progressive college with a small town appeal; award-winning schools. Enjoy an active, modern lifestyle with an endless list of things to do that include equestrian sports, year-round recreational sports, the arts, hiking, fishing and a host of other ventures. All entrenched in Southern Charm.