Hospitalist Medicine Physician - MD/DO - Internal Medicine
Hartford Hospital is an 867 bed, academic medical center located in central Connecticut, one of the most desirable regions in the country in which to live. Affiliated with Hartford HealthCare, the largest integrated health care system in the state, Hartford Hospital boasts a vibrant inpatient care model and a well-established Hospital Medicine service.
The 1300 physicians practicing at Hartford Hospital is nationally regarded as among the most experienced practitioners in their fields. This world class medical staff is supported by more than 6,000 highly skilled nurses and staff members. In 2017 the hospital had over 41,000 discharges, more than 104,500 emergency department visits, and performed 43,000 surgeries.
Join us on our journey to number one in Patient centered coordinated care. This is an opportunity for a BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician to join a thriving Hospitalist service delivering excellence in inpatient care . This position is employed by Hartford Hospital.
- Highly competitive compensation including incentives for quality and productivity
- Flexible scheduling options, including block or traditional Monday-Friday
- Full-time Nocturnist program
- Emphasis on high-value care with a reasonable patient census and a collaborative team environment
- Multiple opportunities for professional development in academics, research or leadership in a thriving hospital system
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America." So you'll love heading to work...and heading home!
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."