Surgical Pathologist: Bone & Soft Tissue
The University of Kansas Health System is committed to delivering world-class patient care to the people we serve while ensuring the excellence of future patient care through exceptional learning, teaching, and research.
We seek an academically oriented,board-certified, surgical pathologist with fellowship training or practice experience in BONE & SOFT TISSUE Pathology. Additional fellowship training in surgical pathology is preferred.
This is a full-time appointment at the Assistant, Associate or Professorial rank on either the tenured or non-tenure clinical track,depending on qualifications.
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine has established a sub-specialization practice model.
ABOUT OUR SURGICAL PATHOLOGY SECTION processes over 30,000 surgical pathology cases annually with a broad case variety. The Department and The Health System along with our NCI-designated Cancer Center, provide rich opportunities for clinical and translational research, both within the Department and within the Medical Center.
A successful candidate should possess
- strong diagnostic skills
- sub-specialty training or experience in the Bone & Soft Tissue Pathology
The successful candidate will
- participate in diagnostic sign-out of sub-specialty areas
- participate in the general surgical pathology frozen section services
- contribute to medical student ,resident and fellow training
- develop research projects reflective of his/her own interest.
The applicants must have
- MD or MD/PhD degree
- Board certified or eligible in Anatomic Pathology
- Eligibility for unrestricted licensure for the practice of medicine in Kansas required
A generous compensation and relocation package is available.
KU Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
The region's premier academic medical center
As a tertiary/quaternary inpatient hospital, we advance the power of medicine to heal even the most acutely ill patients in this region and beyond. We are unwavering in our goal to be the best healthcare provider in the United States.
A partnership of excellence and collaboration
Here, physicians work with an entire team of professionals to teach, conduct research and care for patients. Through the health system’s strong partnerships with The University of Kansas Physicians and the University of Kansas Medical Center, our physicians have the resources to practice evidence-based medicine at the highest level. As faculty of the medical school, hospital physicians train the next generation of physicians.
- Expert physicians in more than 200 specialties
- Innovative research shaping the standards of care
- Advanced patient care and world-class service
- A vibrant community and rich opportunity
A world-class patient experience
Every member of our staff continually works to ensure the best experience for every patient. As a result, our facility has been nationally recognized for more than a decade. We've been ranked among the nation’s best on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals lists.
The 2018-19 national rankings for The University of Kansas Hospital:
- Cancer, #42. Eighth year in a row.
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery, #24. Recognized 12 years in a row.
- Diabetes & Endocrinology, #18. Sixth time the program has made the list.
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, #42. Eighth year in a row on the list.
- Geriatrics, #23. Eighth time geriatrics has made the list.
- Nephrology (kidney), #39. On the list nine times.
- Neurology & Neurosurgery, #31. Seventh consecutive year.
- Pulmonology, #41. Ranked for the ninth year in a row.
- Urology, #23. Made the list for the seventh time.
The hospital is also listed as “high performing” in orthopedics, which means we scored in the top 10 percent of all hospitals receiving a score in this specialty. In addition, University HealthSystemConsortium ranked us among the top 10 in quality and safety among the nation’s top academic medical centers.
Advancing the power of medicine™
Learn more about The University of Kansas Health System, its expertise
and leadership in medical research and education by clicking here.
Kansas City offers a wealth of cultural, educational and entertainment amenities in a vibrant, diverse community.
Combine that with all the affordability and charm of the Midwest,and Kansas City emerges as a truly wonderful place to live.
Visit Think KC for detailed information!