Cardiothoracic Surgery at Olathe Health (Suburban Kansas City)
We are excited to introduce you to Olathe Health System and the exciting opportunities we have within Cardiothoracic Surgery.
We have an employment opportunity in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Olathe Medical Center which is located in Suburban Kansas City. This position is employed by Olathe Health System. I wanted to inquire about your potential interest in learning more about our position and possibly having a phone call to discuss in more detail.
Olathe Medical Center has a great deal to offer physicians. We are a thriving community and regional medical center located in Johnson County, Kansas. We provide our physicians with access to state of the art technology and many services. We work hard to earn our patients and physicians confidence and strive to be the hospital of choice for our community and physicians.
Olathe is a great place to live, work, learn, shop and play! With a population of more than 127,000, Olathe is one of the fasted growing cities in the nation (U.S. Census). Despite its phenomenal growth, it retains a hometown flavor with a quality of life second to none. Olathe has been ranked as among the “Best Cities” in which to live (Money and Forbes Magazines and RelocateAmerica.com)
Here are some of the details regarding the positions:
- Olathe Health –Kansas Heart and Lung Surgeons –
o Cardiovascular Service Line consists of:
- 2 Cardiothoracic surgeons and 2 CTS Nurse Practitioners
- 2 EP physicians, 3 Interventional Cardiologists, 6 non-invasive cardiologists and 8 Advanced Practice Providers (APP)
o Well established 2 surgeon group that provides all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery.
o The ideal candidate will be trained in cardiovascular, thoracic and TAVR.
o Fully integrated advanced program offering all services with the exception of transplantation.
o Chest pain accreditation with 24/7 STEMI coverage
- The call schedule will be 1:2.
- Benefits Include: Family Health Insurance, Paid-Time Off, Family Dental Coverage, CME Allowance, payment of Kansas Medical License, DEA Registration and Medical Staff Membership dues to Olathe Medical Center. Also, Medical Malpractice, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance and participation in the Olathe Health System Retirement Plans.
All candidates must be eligible for employment in the United States.
Olathe Health System: www.olathehealth.org
Olathe Chamber of Commerce: www.olathe.org
Olathe Public Schools: www.olatheschools.com
City Of Olathe: www.olatheks.org
Olathe Medical Center has recently undergone the largest expansion in its history. Several significant construction projects have been completed across our 260 acre campus.
- A new four-story Obstetric Wing with a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit was opened in May, 2017.
- A free-standing Cancer Center was completed in March, 2018.
- The addition of a Memory Care Neighborhood at Cedar Lake Village was completed and opened in 2017.
- Expanded Cardiovascular Center which included a new hybrid lab was completed in 2017.
- OMC also opened our Hospice House in October 2014.
- We will have expanded pediatric care on our campus thanks to a partnership with Children’s Mercy Hospital. A new facility at Olathe Medical Park initially will offer pediatric urgent-care and specialty clinics through Children’s Mercy.
- Further growth will also occur in orthopedics. We are currently exploring growth opportunities within the group and community.
Accreditations and other items to note:
- Olathe Health was recognized as one of Ingram’s Magazine’s “2017 Best Companies to Work For”
- OMC recently earned national recognition in orthopedic surgery care from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). It was ranked among the top 97 hospitals in the country for safety and better recoveries from knee and hip surgery.
- OMC is the first hospital in the region to implement Robotic-Assisted Technology for Partial Knee Replacement Surgery.
- OMC has received the American College of Cardiology’s National Cardiovascular Data Registry ACTION Registry – Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) Platinum Performance Achievement Award. Only four percent of U.S. hospitals received this award.
- All Olathe Medical Services, Inc (OMSI) primary care clinics have received the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Level 3 Recognition. This is the highest level of recognition awarded by NCAQ, the organization that evaluates providers and clinics based on the quality of care given to patients under the Medical Home Model.
- Awards, Accreditations and Certifications can be found at: http://www.olathehealth.org/About-Us/AwardsandAccreditations
I would enjoy the chance to learn more about your interest in our position and discuss it in detail.
I look forward to hearing back. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 913-791-4293 or by email at email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration.
Vice President – Business Development and Physician Engagement
Olathe Health System
Olathe Health System, Inc., (OHSI) is the umbrella corporation for the integrated healthcare delivery system that has grown to support an ever-increasing service area in Eastern Kansas and metropolitan Kansas City. Compassionate, professional staff and superb facilities bring the best in healthcare to the communities served by OHSI. The non-profit healthcare system offers a wide range of care for individuals of all ages. The System is known for several centers of excellence, including Olathe Medical Center’s Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Kansas Cardiovascular Center, The Birth Place and The Kansas Joint Specialty Center. In conjunction with the 300-plus physicians practicing within the system, OHSI specializes in areas such as primary care, orthopedics, cardiology, GI, oncology, surgery, diagnostic imaging, rehabilitation, home health, emergency medicine and hospice care. Olathe Health System, Inc. is the parent company of Olathe Medical Center, Miami County Medical Center and Olathe Medical Services Inc., a network of physician clinics offering care in Johnson, Miami, Franklin and Linn Counties.
Olathe Medical Center
For more than 60 years, Olathe Medical Center (OMC) has continued to expand its services to meet the growing needs of the community. Today, OMC is located on one of the largest hospital campuses in the Midwest--a 285-acre campus at 151st Street and I-35 in southern Johnson County, Kansas. OMC is licensed for 300 beds and averages more than 44,000 patient care days per year. Its emergency care center is one of the busiest in the region, with more than 44,000 patients treated annually. What began in 1953 as a 30-bed hospital has become a regional medical center.
Miami County Medical Center
Miami County Medical Center has a 39-bed License and offers 24-hour emergency care center staffed. Miami County also specializes in providing quality care in numerous sub-specialties, including general surgery, orthopedics, cardiology, podiatry and family practice
Olathe Medical Services, Inc.
The health system’s not-for-profit physician corporation has grown to more than 150 providers and nearly 40 clinic locations since its beginning in 1990. OMSI physicians and staff treat more than 400,000 patients per year, including more than 22,000 urgent care, walk-in visits.