Neonatologist Opportunity - State-of-the-Art Level III NICU in Richmond, VA
Envision Physician Services has an outstanding full-time opportunity for a board eligible or board certified Neonatologist to join our expanding Level III NICU practice at Henrico Doctor’s Hospital (HDH) in Richmond, Virginia. In October 2017, the hospital revealed their new pride and joy, a state of the art NICU with 32-single family rooms and 8-bed step-down unit. Our team at HDH consists of long-time hospital partners with a well-trained and stable nursing team. With the support of an administrative team that’s dedicated to the success of the NICU, we have partnered together to provide the best care for patients and families in the community. Key words to describe the successful candidate are innovative, compassionate, evidence-based, flexible, and positive.
- Competitive compensation with start date bonus
- Robust benefits including medical, dental, vision, ST/LT disability, and 401k match (effective day 1!)
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Flexible scheduling and work life balance built into schedule templates
- Staffing Model: 6 Neonatologists, 4.5 Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Days are covered by 2 Neos and 1 NNP
- Neo 1 – Serves as primary provider for one team of mixed-acuity patients (Level III)
- Neo 2 – Serves as primary provider for second team of mixed-acuity patients (Level II/newborns)
- NNP assists with normal newborns, then joins NICU care team for daily rounds/patient management
- Nights are covered by 1 Neo and 1 NNP
- Rotating 6-week schedule template provides continuity of care, equity in shift coverage (days, nights, weekends, holidays), and blocks of time off for work/life balance
- Schedule templates are flexible as team is built, but continuity of care and work/life balance will remain a focus
- HDH 2018 Data:
- Deliveries - 4,274;
- NICU Admits - 496; NICU ADC – 27.5; Nursery ADC: 22.5
- High frequency ventilation (HFOV and HFJV), inhaled nitric oxide, pediatric surgical patients, therapeutic hypothermia
- No cardiac surgery except for PDAs; no ECMO
- On-site Cardiology, with additional support from VCU subspecialists
With over 30 years of high-quality Women’s & Children’s services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including: Physician-led organization Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options “A” rated professional liability insurance Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast Competitive compensation including several benefit options Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs Colleague referral bonus program *Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
Henrico is a 340-bed community hospital with the latest in advanced technology, a combination that enables them to deliver exceptional results. Henrico has a full range of healthcare services. Henrico specializes in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. They are also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and they lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
The greater Richmond area has a population of 1.3 million and provides easy access to the amenities of a large urban setting as well as an easy commute for those seeking a more rural lifestyle. Within two hours of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and Washington D.C., Richmond is uniquely situated within Central Virginia. It is home to the State Capital, Washington Redskins Training Facility, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and countless cultural, food, and music festivals. The area offers a wide range of entertainment, recreational, and leisure activities usually found in much larger cities and consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, and play! It is also home to some of the best public schools in the nation.