Carle Physician Group is seeking a BE/BC Geriatrician to join our established practice in Urbana, Illinois.
Practice opportunity details include:
- Join five Geriatricians in the ambulatory clinic, along with 9 APPs, and full-time nursing staff
- There are 50 hospitalists and a dedicated geriatric hospitalist to assist with hospital admissions
- Primary responsibilities include nursing home coverage and ambulatory clinic
- Planned clinic schedule is Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Provide service in sub-acute, rehabilitation and short-stay environments
- Opportunity for medical directorship and providing long-term care at a third nursing home in the area
- Hospital practice is not required
- There are no visit or staffing requirements for assisted-care facilities, home visits, hospice or palliative care
- Physicians will be on call for their nursing home patients during the week; and 1 in 12 weekday/weekend for geriatric service call (for ambulatory clinic patients)
- Part-time positions available
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- Carle Illinois College of Medicine is the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
Globally connected, innovative and culturally rich, Champaign-Urbana is centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois. With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, our community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
Carle offers an excellent benefit package including health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled