Physician - Cardiology (Heart Failure)
The Cardiovascular Division at the University of Minnesota has a growing regional and national reputation in advanced heart failure based on clinical care and research. To expand its very robust Advanced Heart Failure, Transplantation, and Mechanical Circulatory Support program the Division is now recruiting an advanceds heart failure cardiologist, in the tenure track, to expand this mission as a member of the Advanced Heart Failure section and program. Our skilled and dedicated physicians have established clinical programs and conducted research that have kept the University of Minnesota at the forefront of clinical and technical advancements in cardiology for decades, benefiting many patients in Minnesota and beyond.
- Join a multidisciplinary team of 30+ Cardiologist; 8 advanced heart failure physicians
- Work closely with the Cardiovasuclar Divison and LHI leadership to expand the University’s research, academic and clinical missions.
- Tenured track position is designed for an Associate or Professor level physician that will have 75% protected research, 25% clinical.
- Will receive support as the Engdahl Endowed Chair.
- Clinical efforts will include University clinics, and Advanced Heart Failure hospital service.
- Call Frequency: Shared among all heart failure faculty based on clinical appointment
- Our faculty plays an active role in teaching and mentoring fellows.
- Enjoy strong primary care referral base.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Competitive compensation commensurate with community standards
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA cardiology an advanced heart failure cardiology fellow training program.
- BC/BE with the ABMS
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
- Additional Qualifications include: proven knowledge and success in clinical research skills, experience in supporting medicine post-graduate fellowship training and a publication track record of successful research and experience and knowledge in grant submissions for external funding.
M Health Clinic and Surgery Center, located on the University of Minnesota Health Campus opened in February of 2016. It’s unique design allows for greater collaboration among specialists and allows patients to be in a relaxed and inviting space for the ambulatory care.