Physician Quality and Operations Leader
Mercy Clinics is seeking a Physician Quality and Operations Leader who will be primarily accountable for clinic-directed quality, operations, and coordination of assigned services and departments.
- Develop MCI quality guidelines and protocols
- Develop, measure and supervise annual individual and group goals
- Manages physician-driven clinical resources utilization
- Assures appropriate and quality physician practice styles
- Manages the planning, organization and control of assigned departments of Mercy Clinics and service lines of Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Ensures that department programs comply with all applicable State and Federal regulations as well as maintain quality standards for patient care/procedures
- Provides leadership and supervision and professional growth to physician and administrative leaders, of assigned departments
- Assures quality clinical care and excellent customer service in all areas
- Current license as an M.D or D.O. to practice medicine in the State of Iowa
- Master’s Degree in business, public administration, health care administration preferred
- Three years medical director or leadership position experience in a hospital setting or physician organization
Mercy Clinics, central Iowa’s largest multispecialty clinic system, was established in August 1983, as a subsidiary of Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines. Today, Mercy Clinics employs more than 375 physicians and allied health professionals representing over 30 specialties and subspecialties. We operate more than 50 clinics with locations in central Iowa.
At Mercy Clinics we are dedicated to helping our community members optimize their health and well-being while providing patients and families with health care experiences that surpass their expectations. We lead the way in improving quality through innovative care management and set the standard for providing high-quality care with compassion. Mercy Clinics is home to the most advanced treatments, many of which are exclusive services only offered by professionals at Mercy.
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
Since 2003, Mercy Clinics has been actively engaged in the development of a medical home/advanced primary care delivery system based on Wagner’s Chronic Care Model and the Six Aims for Improvement from the Institute of Medicine (IOM).
In 2008, Mercy Clinics was the recipient of the American Medical Group Association’s (AMGA) Acclaim Award. This award is presented annually to one health system that “exemplifies the best quality health care in the U.S.” Mercy Clinics achieved this honor through its work in chronic care management, medical home model development and health coach implementation.
In 2013, Mercy Clinics was among 30 clinics nationwide Selected as an Exemplar Primary Care Practice by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Group Health Research Institute.
In 2015, 25 Mercy Clinics received National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition for using evidence-based, patient-centered processes that focus on highly coordinated care and long-term, participative relationships.
CHI Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.