Urgency Center Provider - Part Time
CentraCare Health has a new way of delivering care: Our Urgency Center! The first of its kind in central Minnesota, the Urgency Center delivers high-quality urgent medical care without the ER wait or cost. Our team is seeking Advanced Practice Providers (Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants) to meet the urgent care needs of our patients, 365 days a year. Our patients benefit from a seamless continuum of care and convenient electronic medical records.
The Urgency Center treats wide range of illnesses and injuries for which patients might otherwise go to a hospital ER and is equipped with the latest medical technology. We have access to advanced lab and imaging equipment which allows staff to treat more serious conditions that cannot be treated at an urgent care clinic.
Put your advanced assessment and physical examination skills to use, by providing general medical care and treatment to our Urgency Center patients.
Common health concerns treated at the Urgency include:
- abdominal pain
- acute injury evaluation
- blood clots or leg pain
- broken bones
- cough and cold symptoms
- cuts requiring stitches
- dislocations, sprains and strains
- eye pain and injury
- fast-onset joint and back pain
- fever, dehydration, nausea or vomiting
- mild chest pain with no cardiac history
- minor head injury
- minor injuries from motor vehicle collisions
- pediatric illness and injuries
- respiratory issues including asthma
This position will work four 12 hour shifts every two weeks from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm, this includes weekends and holidays.
CentraCare Health is a collaborative group of Central Minnesota healthcare professionals, working together to provide comprehensive, high-quality care, close to home. We aspire to be the leader in Minnesota for quality, safety, service, and value.
- Private, not-for-profit, integrated healthcare provider
- “Truven Top 100” Hospital eleven times. St. Cloud Hospital is the only hospital in Minnesota that has received the Top 100 hospitals distinction 11 times.
- Magnet designation since 2004
- Headquartered in St. Cloud, MN
- 600+ employed physicians and advanced practice providers
- 10,000+ employees
- CentraCare Health includes:
- 6 Hospitals
- St. Cloud Hospital: 489-bed regional medical center and level II trauma center, the only tertiary hospital in the primary service area – serving a population of 927,095 in a 23-county area in Central Minnesota
- Critical Access Hospitals in the surrounding service area: Long Prairie, Melrose, Monticello, Paynesville and Sauk Centre
- 27 Clinics
- CentraCare Clinic: physician led, multi-specialty group with more than 362 physicians, including more than 30 specialties spread across 27 sites
- Senior Living and Other Ancillary Services
- 6 Hospitals
St. Cloud, Minnesota
On a map, Greater St. Cloud looks like a group of Central Minnesota communities with the Mississippi River winding through, somewhere between the bright lights of Minneapolis and the starry nights of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
Sure, we’re that, but that’s just geography. We are the regional center for commerce, healthcare, arts, entertainment, and education. We boast bustling downtowns, major businesses, and good jobs. We have tranquil, diverse neighborhoods, with a cost of living well below that of urban settings. But when urban is what you want, we’re only about an hour from everything the Twin Cities has to offer.
- Mini-Metro of 130,000 people
- Four-season recreation
- Theatre and arts
- Excellent school options
- Family Friendly
- Four colleges
- Lakes area
Visit these links to learn more about CentraCare and the community
Visit these links to learn more about St. Cloud Area Education Resources
St. Cloud Area School District
Sartell - St. Stephen School District
Sauk Rapids-Rice Public Schools
Diocese of St. Cloud Catholic Schools
St. John's Prep
St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud Technical College
College of St. Benedict/St. John's University
To be eligible for this position you must meet one of the following requirements;
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Current Minnesota Physician Assistant Licensure
- Be eligible for certification (NP/CNP) or licensure (PA) within the next 18 months
We would prefer that our candidate have experience in one of the following;
- Emergency Department
- Urgent Care
- Family Medicine/Walk-In Clinic
In addition, all applicants must have a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider card and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number prior to receiving clinical privileges.
CentraCare Health has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|