ENT Opportunity in Southeast Metro, Ranked 7th Best City to Live in America!
Unique opportunity as ENT hospitalist for Huntsville Hospital and its affiliated regional hospitals. This is a new position to provide inpatient hospital care to otolaryngology patients. Responsibilities will include inpatient consult coverage, Emergency Room consultations for unattached patients, and assisting the 13 community based otolaryngologist. Call will be shared with community-based physicians. Hospitalist will have post discharge follow up clinic and the full support of the Huntsville Hospital Physician Network. Candidate must be proficient with all aspects of Otolaryngology including general, pediatric, facial trauma, emergent airway.
This position may be well suited for recent graduate of accredited residency program or physician in final third of career who is fatigued by administrative and practice management.
Benefits include very competitive salary with RVU bonus, Comprehensive health and dental, Disability insurance, 401K with matching, Malpractice insurance, appropriate vacation and CME.
Huntsville Hospital is a 971 bed not-for-profit hospital with an additional 9 affiliated hospitals encompassing in total 2200 beds and 15000 employees. Huntsville Hospital serves as the regional referral center for North Alabama and southern Tennessee, and is a Level 1 Trauma Center. We are a teaching facility for UAB Family Practice and Internal Medicine residency programs.
Huntsville is home to Marshall Space Flight Center and host numerous Fortune 500 companies. In 2018, U.S. News and World report named Huntsville the #7 Best Place to Live in the country. Forbes has named Huntsville one of the Top 20 Leading Metros for Business and consistently has been named one of the country’s Top 10 Cities for Raising Families.
For further information please contact Suzanne LeCroix, Physician Recruiter. She can also have current staff Otolaryngologist discuss additional details of the position.
Huntsville Hospital is an 971- bed Level I Trauma Center and the regional referral center for all of North Alabama and Southern Tennessee with a catchment area of 1.25 million people. 165,000 annual ER visits, including a dedicated Pediatric ER at our Women's & Children's Hospital, physician support in over 65 medical specialties. The hospital has 24/7 in-house Hospitalist, Radiology, Cardiology, Trauma, Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Coverage.
- Alabama’s Only Top 50 Heart Hospital by Truven Health Analytics
- America’s 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Program by Healthgrades
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Programs by Truven Health Analytics
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award by Healthgrades
- Huntsville Hospital listed as Becker’s Top 150 Hospitals
- America's 100 Best Spine Surgery Programs by Healthgrades
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Huntsville Hospital is one of only seven Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksites in Alabama
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama, and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move with rich values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community’s unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of almost 400K, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out. Hike our mountains and swim in our lakes!
- Area public schools have more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County have more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other city in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Huntsville Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridge Street Towne Center are just some of the main attractions
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor's highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy for 7th consecutive year
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week