HCA West Florida is seeking a Psychiatry Program Director to lead Brandon Regional Hospital in the development and implementation of a new Psychiatry Residency Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to build a program from the ground up.Brandon Regional Hospital is part of the Tampa Bay area, approximately 30 minutes from downtown Tampa.
* Must hold a current certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
* Have previous leadership / administrative experience
* Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
* Have strong administrative and team building skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Previous participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency program or graduate medical education administrative experience is highly desired
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
For more information or to be considered for this position, please contact Katie Terranova.
Brandon Regional Hospital is a 422 bed teaching facility featuring one of the state's busiest ER services with more than 120,220 ER patients treated last year. The hospital recently completed a new 72-bed, 84,510 square foot addition which includes separate adult, pediatric and behavioral health ER programs to meet the needs of one of the largest suburb communities in Tampa Bay.
Other key services include a Women's Center with Level III NICU; pediatrics and PICU; Heart and Vascular Center; Behavioral Health; Florida Bariatrics Centers; Neuroscience, Orthopedics and Spine centers. The hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI; Advanced Primary Stroke Center; Bariatric Center of Excellence (ASMBS); accredited Echocardiography Lab (ICAEL), certified Afib Center (SCPC) and has earned several Joint Commission disease specific certifications.
Excellent schools, youth sports programs and quick interstate access to area attractions, sports teams, numerous private and state colleges, and Tampa International Airport, make Brandon a great Florida destination. For more information, visit www.BrandonHospital.com.