Cardiovascular ICU - Physician Assistant, PA-C
Critical Specialists at Central Florida –
AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG) Formerly Florida Hospital Medical Group
Physician Assistant, PA-C, positions available at AdventHealth Orlando formerly known as Florida Hospital Orlando in the Cardiovascular ICU
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
- Immediately available are opportunities in CVICU at AdventHealth Orlando--one of the busiest Cardio-Thoracic Centers in the Nation. We are also one of the leading Heart Transplant Institutions in the South East.
- Transplant, L-VAD, Circulatory Assist Device and ECMO experience preferred but not required
- Procedures performed but not limited to: Lines, Intubations and Chest Tubes
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits for provider and family
Serves as a member of the critical care team by assisting in management of critically ill patients in the hospital. Applies specialized skills and knowledge related to Cardiovascular ICU settings in which they practice. Contributes to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting and provides leadership to the organization. Ability to provide in-hospital coverage on a rotating shift basis. The shifts will include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients with cardiac or multi-system failure, within institutional guidelines and utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the patient’s physician.
- Obtains patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings in accordance with hospital requirements.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners.
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and external cardiac massage; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation, repositioning endotracheal tubes; directing administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols; and defibrillation according to Advanced Cardiac Life Support standards.
- Under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital, inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, and other procedures commensurate with an ICU environment.
- Interfaces patients with monitoring and instrumentation equipment, and directs and educates others in performing the same functions.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents in medical records and appropriate narrative summaries.
- Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Provides family-centered care by communicating with the family regarding the changing health care needs of their family member.
- Utilizes current research and evidence-based decision-making in all clinical practice.
- Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, ventricular assist device, and ECMO patient in the OR and ICU’s.
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- Participates in and supports accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Demonstrates responsibility for professional practice through active participation in professional organizations and continuing education.
Community and Benefit Highlights
- Practice and Hospital located within the “City Beautiful” aka Orlando and just minutes away from Downtown Orlando.
- Very close proximity to other gorgeous cities: Winter Park, College Park, Baldwin Park, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary, Longwood.
- Easy commute to nearby beaches and local theme parks such as Disney and Universal Studios among many more
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits, Extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plans
- Relocation Assistance
- Board Certification as Physician Assistant;
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certificate.
- Required: 1-2 years’ experience as a PA-C in one of the following: Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac ICU or Cardiovascular ICU
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit.
More than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in physician practices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers provide individualized, wholistic care.
Our Christian mission, shared vision, common values and focus on whole-person health is our commitment to making communities healthier with a unified system: 46 hospital campuses and hundreds of care sites in diverse markets throughout nine states.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|