Neurohospitalist in Chattanooga, TN!
CHI Memorial hospital is currently seeking a full-time neurohospitalist. This position will be integral to the operations of a world-renowned stroke neurology team expert in both clinical care and clinical research. Building on one of the largest and most organized stroke referral networks in the US, the position offers outstanding opportunity for a well-trained neurologist interested in working in a high-volume comprehensive stroke center to provide general inpatient neurology care to patients. While fellowship training is not required, subspeciality training in neuromuscular, epilepsy, stroke, movement disorders, or other fellowship relevant to inpatient neurology practice is particularly welcomed. Ample opportunities for involvement in teaching and/or research on a local, regional, or national level exist for interested candidates. CHI Memorial is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to the healing ministry of the Church. Founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and strengthened as part of CommonSpirit Health, it offers a continuum of care including preventative, primary and acute hospital care, as well as cancer and cardiac care, stroke care, orthopedic and rehabilitation services.
· Candidates must be board-eligible, or board-certified in neurology, with or without additional fellowship training in neurology.
· The position would be supported by a large team of clinicians with expertise in stroke neurology, neuroimaging, neurocritical care, neurosurgery and outpatient neurology.
· Exceptional clinical research support is available through the Chattanooga Center for Neurologic Research, a world leader in the execution of acute stroke research including artificial intelligence, device, stem cell and other pharma clinical trials. Funding support for research is also available through the Neuroscience Innovation Foundation, a private Chattanooga-based non-profit.
· Direct tie to CommonSpirit Health offers extensive opportunity for collaboration on clinical protocols nationally.
· Excellent compensation package and favorable call schedule will be offered.
- Work according to a shift work schedule typically comprised of one week on, one week off.
- Visa support is provided if needed.
· Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance
· Full Benefits & CME Allowance
· 200+ Physician/APP Multi-Specialty Group
· 3 Hospitals, 40 OR Beds
- #1 OUTSIDE CITY by Outside Magazine!
- Chattanooga, Tennessee is noted as "The Scenic City" and “GIG City” – fastest internet in the South; nestled in the heart of the mountains where the states of Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee meet.
- Two hours to Atlanta, Nashville, and Birmingham.
- "America's Top-Rated Cities" and "Top 10 City" in which to live and play; "Top 10 Southern Mid-Markets with Highly Diversified Economies" and one of the "Smartest Cities in the World" in which to live. Voted “Best Town Ever” by Outside Magazine in 2015 and 2011.
- This vibrant city blends "Big City" amenities with an ease of a smaller city offering: a family friendly and safe atmosphere in which to live, easily commutable, moderate cost of living, $120 million revitalized riverfront, very active Arts Council, Museums, and an extensive green way system.
- Outdoor activities are abundant ranging from hang-gliding off Lookout Mountain, to floating down the Sequatchie River, to biking and horseback riding through the scenic countryside. If you are a water sport enthusiast, you will want to visit nearby Nickajack and Chickamauga Lakes or kayak/raft down the Great Ocoee River (host to the Summer Olympics). Chattanooga also has numerous challenging golf courses (Chattanooga plays host to the PGA Event - Provident Classic).
- The public school system in the area is very good and offers excellent local private schools providing unsurpassed educational opportunities from Signal Mountain to Lookout Mountain.
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga offers a wide range of majors in undergraduate, graduate courses and medical education - 9 residency programs and 4 fellowship program
- Population: 180,273
- Metro Population: 574,922
- 9% growth in population
- Median Age: 39.7
- Average Temp: 60.5 degrees F
- Moderate climate with four distinctive seasons
- No State Income Tax
- Great Public & Private School options
- Foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and Cumberland Plateau
- Tennessee Aquarium
- Hunter Museum of American Art
- Creative Discovery Museum
- IMAX 3D Theater
- Chattanooga Choo Choo
- Chattanooga Zoo
- Rock City
- Ruby Falls
- Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra
- White Water Rafting
- Rock Climbing – Largest Indoor Facility - Mountain Climbing
- Hamilton Place Mall is TN's largest mall - 5 Regional Shopping Malls
- Chattanooga Look Outs AA Baseball Team (Cincinnati Reds affiliate)
- 106 sites throughout Chattanooga
- 800+ acres maintained
- 35 miles of greenway & trails
- 53 tennis courts
- 41 playgrounds
- 8 outdoor fitness zones
- 6 youth athletic association facilities
- 3 dog parks
- 21 Golf Courses
Chattanooga’s ONLY 4 STAR rated hospital. CHI Memorial tops CMS list in the region.
CHI Memorial is ranked the 2nd BEST HOSPITAL in TN by US News.
CHI Memorial is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters, the health care industry's leading source of information on hospital quality and “100 Great Community Hospitals” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
A survey, by Medicare.gov, intended to help consumers purchase the best health care insurance ranks CHI Memorial Healthcare System as tops in the Chattanooga area for patient satisfaction.
To see the story, Control and click on the link:http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2016/jan/07/memorial-ranked-top-local-hospital-patient-sa/343529
CHI Memorial is a not-for-profit, faith-based 443-bed healthcare system with 3 campuses (Chattanooga and Hixson in TN and Fort Oglethorpe in GA). The acquisition of formerly Cornerstone Medical Center was completed in December 2017.
CHI Memorial is a Regional Referral Center of choice… over 700 Physicians on staff and over 4,000 associates, and 550 very active volunteers providing healthcare throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia. Our Center of Excellence core service lines include Oncology, Cardiac, and Orthopedics.
With the completion of our 320 million dollar renovation in July 2014, 300,000 sq. ft. have been added to the campus, added 96 patient rooms to a brand new seven-story tower, St. Anne’s Chapel with original stained glass windows, a 52 bed, State of the Art, ICU; Guerry Heart and Vascular Center, 7 cardiac catheterization rooms, State of the Art Cardiac Short Stay and Critical Care Unit and grew our patient navigation program to encompass all cancer centers of excellence and the congestive heart failure program.
CHI is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees, physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.