Bone Marrow Transplant Physician in Shreveport, LA
Ochsner Health System and Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport seek applicants for a Bone Marrow Transplant position at the assistant or associate level. Must be board certified/ board eligible in Hematology/Oncology and Medicine and eligible for active Louisiana Medical Licensure. The applicant will work under the leadership of Dr. Glen Mills, the Interim Chair of the Medicine Department at LSU Health Science Center of North Louisiana.
Ochsner/LSU Academic Health Center Department of Medicine has an open position in the Adult Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, 12-bed unit. LSUHSC implemented an adult blood and marrow transplant program many years ago, and a total of 750 transplants have been completed through October 2018. The program is FACT accredited for autogenous transplants and is working toward autologous accreditation.
The program is the only area in north Louisiana (200-mile radius) treating leukemia and performing BMTs. We are looking to hire a physician with experience in Transplant therapy to join our team.
Two to three years of experience preferred, but not mandatory.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Home to the only Level I Trauma center in the surrounding region, and one of only two in the state.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
- Tort reform state
- Emphasizes teaching and provides vitally important leadership and guidance to medical students and residents
- allows the opportunity to do either lab or clinical research.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
Shreveport is located in the northwest corner of Louisiana, 15 miles from Texas, and 185 miles directly east of Dallas on Interstate 20. Shreveport and its sister city across the Red River (Bossier City) have a population of just over 250,000. City amenities include a full-time symphony orchestra, minor league sports, riverfront aquarium, the American Rose Center, a full calendar of riverfront arts and music festivals, and much more. We enjoy the ambience of a smaller city and the resources of many larger metropolitan areas. Being located in extreme northwestern Louisiana, our climate is closer to that of Atlanta or Birmingham than to that of New Orleans. The low cost of living, pleasant climate, and excellent schools make Shreveport a wonderful place to raise a family.
LSUHSC – Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.