Movement Disorder Neurologist Opportunity at Geisinger
Geisinger is seeking BE/BC Movement Disorder Neurologist to join its multidisciplinary Neuroscience Institute.
Join our established team, consisting of two fellowship trained movement disorder neurologists, teleneurology program, stereotactic neurosurgeons, advanced practitioner, and nurse coordinator.
About this position:
- Out-patient position based primarily in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- No call coverage or weekends.
- Collaborate with 40 general and sub-specialty trained neurologists system-wide, including a neurohospitalist program.
- Teaching opportunities with our neurology residents.
- Faculty appointments available with our affiliated medical college.
- Research available at The Center for Health Research, The Weis Center for Research and The Center for Clinical Studies.
Geisinger’s Neuroscience Institute spans Geisinger’s three main campuses in Danville, Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, along with locations in Harrisburg, State College and Lewistown, Pennsylvania. Our program includes most neurology and neurosurgery subspecialties along with neurology and neurosurgery residency programs. Geisinger has a specific focus on quality not quantity and developing new management pathways for optimal outcomes.
Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV), located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., is unrivaled in the
region for acute medical care, with expertise in nearly 30 medical and surgical specialties. GWV houses
Luzerne County’s only Level II trauma center. The campus includes the Frank M. and Dorothea Henry
Cancer Center; the Richard and Marion Pearsall Heart Hospital; the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital,
including a dedicated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; the Brain & Spine Tumor Institute; and the