Geisinger is seeking a fellowship-trained, BC/BE Neuromuscular Neurologist to join its multidisciplinary Neuroscience Institute. Join our team of five fellowship trained neuromuscular neurologists and a neurohospitalist program based in the Northeastern region of Pennsylvania.
About the position:
- Enjoy an out-patient practice with no hospital call.
- A strong referral base with an MDA clinic and busy EMG lab.
- Benefit from the collaboration with 40 general and sub-specialty trained neurologists system-wide.
- Teaching opportunities with neurology residents.
- Faculty appointments available at our affiliated medical college.
- Research opportunities exist at The Center for Health Research, the Weis Center for Research and the Center for Clinical Studies.
Geisinger’s Neuroscience Institute spans Geisinger’s three main campuses in Danville, Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, along with locations in Harrisburg, State College and Lewistown, Pennsylvania. Our program includes most neurology and neurosurgery subspecialties along with neurology and neurosurgery residency programs. Geisinger has a specific focus on quality not quantity and developing new management pathways for optimal outcomes.
Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV), located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., is unrivaled in the region for acute medical care, with expertise in nearly 30 medical and surgical specialties. GWV houses Luzerne County’s only Level II trauma center. The campus includes the Frank M. and Dorothea Henry Cancer Center; the Richard and Marion Pearsall Heart Hospital; the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, including a dedicated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; the Brain & Spine Tumor Institute; and the Orthopaedic Institute.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.