SSM Health - Illinois seeks a Medical Director of our Primary Care service line in our Centralia, Illinois ministry. The physician would join an established outpatient practice.
Successful candidate will have graduated from an ACGME Family Medicine or Internal Medicine program and possess at least three years of medical director or leadership experience, with managing a RHC (rural health clinic) an additional bonus.
This position will be a .8 FTE clinical and .2 FTE administrative and will require the supervision of APP's.
This is an employed position with SSM Health Medical Group, a premier hospital system located in Centralia, Illinois, where easy access is available to St. Louis, Chicago, Evansville, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville & Memphis.
Highlights of the opportunity are:
- Facility is a not-for-profit Catholic institution affiliated with SSM Health
- Employed position with hospital affiliated medical group
- Outpatient Practice
- Physician focused administration
- Fully electronic office and dedicated staff
- 250,000 population service area covering 9 counties
Excellent Financial Package:
- Guaranteed base salary $275k for the first two years
- Bonus incentives available
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Short & long term disability insurance
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance
- 25 days of vacation including 5 days CME
- CME allowance
- 401k, deferred compensation
- Student loan repayment available
SSM Health Medical Group is made up of 40 physicians and 15 mid-level practitioners. Each of our 18 locations has earned accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. As a division of SSM Health Illinois, we support affiliated hospitals in Mt. Vernon and Centralia and work collaboratively with other community hospitals in the region.
SSM Health Medical Group will deliver exceptional patient care and become the area’s provider of choice for multi-specialty services. Health care services will be delivered with a positive attitude in branded facilities using exceptional clinical and operational standards. Patients and family members will have a consistent, positive, quality experience while in our care. We strive to be fiscally responsible and serve as a referral source to SSM Health Medical Group specialists who share our vision.
SSM Health Illinois
SSM Health Illinois is a Catholic, not-for-profit organization serving nearly 300,000 people in an 11 county region. As one of the largest health care organizations in southern Illinois, we are made up of two regional hospitals located in Mt. Vernon and Centralia, over 120 active physicians, eight Family Health Centers, and numerous specialty programs. Our organization blends two cultures through the development of a shared mission statement and a shared set of values. Building upon each hospital’s strong heritage, SSM Health Illinois continues to expand through the establishment of tertiary-level programs, such as interventional cardiology and open heart surgery.
By partnering with physician specialists and investing in the latest medical technology, SSM Health Illinois is becoming an alternative to metropolitan-area hospitals by providing advanced health care that is convenient and accessible to residents of southern Illinois. Our resources are judiciously allocated to serve the communities of the region through education, charity care, and preventive health.
Committed to continuous quality improvement, SSM Health Illinois uses a variety of methods to measure against best practices of the health care industry in areas such as patient care and safety, customer satisfaction, and financial performance. SSM Health Illinois is a former recipient of the Lincoln Foundation for Performance Excellence Gold Award -- the highest honor awarded by the Illinois quality foundation. As a member of SSM Health, SSM Health Illinois is part of the first health care organization to ever win the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award. We continue to grow in our quality journey and look forward to the many challenges and opportunities ahead. Centralia, Illinois offers the opportunity to live in a small, family-oriented town and still have the amenities of a larger urban area. You and your family will enjoy affordable luxury housing with large yards, or acreage, if desired, as well as favorable real estate taxes, and quality schools to choose from in the area. Near Centralia you will also find award-winning healthcare facilities, eight universities and colleges, more than 60 restaurants, including incredible one-of-a-kind fine dining, high quality spas and salons, ample retail and specialty shops, and you will still be just one hour from St. Louis.
Centralia, Illinois provides a great area to establish a balanced professional and personal lifestyle with abundant recreation and mild climate.
Great area with 4 seasons, long springs & falls, mild winters
- Only one hour from Downtown St. Louis
- Small town atmosphere close to big-city amenities
- Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Rend Lake Recreation Area nearby, including over 20,00 acres of public land, nearly 19,000 acres of lake water and 27 boat ramps
- Cedarhurst Center for the Arts nearby, an 85-acre estate featuring the Mitchell Museum, which displays changing art exhibits, an outdoor sculpture park, performing arts center, dinner theatre, concerts, art classes and craft shows
- 8 universities & colleges within one hour
- Affordable housing
- Award-winning local vineyards, plus music festivals & art fairs nearby
Please visit our website: www.joinssmhealth.com