Hospitalist - Eagle Pass, TX
• Coverage: Full-Time; 12 hr. Shifts
• Day Shift 7a-7p: 1 physician
• Night Shift 7p-7a: 1 Physician
• Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7a-7p: 1 NP (Double Coverage)
• Training Requirements:
• Half day orientation at facility required
• 30 min phone billing orientation required
• Physician Specialty: Board Eligible or Certified Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
• NP Specialty: Acute Care NP or FNP with Hospital Medicine experience (preferably with ICU experience)
• ACLS and BLS
• 24 hours of CME’s per year (2 years required, 1 hour of ethics)
• 2 years of past case logs
• Evidence of TB and Flu Immunization
• Patient Volume: 17 Weekdays and 30 Weekends (NP Available for Admits & Rounds) Nightly admit average 3-4 patients.
• Codes: Preferred
• Rapid Response Team: Preferred
• Arterial Lines: Preferred
• Intubations: Preferred
• Vent Management - Required
• Not Required: Central Lines, Paracentesis, Thoracentesis, and Lumbar Puncture.
• Admit unassigned patients overnight
• Open ICU; Primary Doctor is responsible for ICU patients to include Admits and Rounds
Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center is a progressive acute care facility and medical center that serves Eagle Pass, Texas and surrounding regions.
- 101 private patient rooms
- Level VI Trauma Center
- Equipment includes X-ray, ultrasound, MRI and CT imaging systems
- Angiography Suite
- Electronic picture archiving and communication system (PACS) makes your medical information and files accessible to your medical team from secure computer terminals, 24 hours per day, seven days a week
- Women’s Center has easy first-floor access, with four labor and delivery rooms, two operating suites and 14 private postpartum rooms
- Emergency Department with 14 beds, and four fast-track beds for patients who have less severe conditions
- Ample, convenient parking
- Spacious, comfortable waiting areas
Central to the hospital's mission is its commitment to excellence in serving patients—from providing an aesthetically pleasing environment, to ensuring quality in medical care. Every employee receives service excellence training and personally pledges to put our patients' needs first.
You'll notice when you enter our front door, that we take pride in providing a safe and secure environment for our patients. Patients are entitled to privacy during their stay at the hospital and continued confidentiality about all medical information.
Founded in 1980, Southwest Medical Associates is an established emergency department management group providing services to healthcare facilities throughout Texas. We are known in the industry for specializing in physician staffing for rural hospitals from low to high patient volume.
At Southwest Medical, no emergency department task is too large or too small. We customize the coverage of our clients based on their individual needs. This ranges from part-time “as needed” coverage to last-minute emergencies, flexible coverage supplementing staff physician schedules to full-time staffing.
The needs of rural hospitals and healthcare facilities are unique, and Southwest Medical understands this. That is why we have been a resource for rural healthcare for more than 30 years.
Why Southwest Medical?
- Quality ED staffing since 1980
- Custom need-based coverage
- Specialty-based physician recruitment
- 24-hour regional schedulers
- JCAHO-level credentialing
- TORCH corporate member
Our Mission: To be the best resource available for quality emergency department and clinic physician staffing at competitive rates; to promote customer service ensuring long term client retention; and creating jobs for dedicated and talented physicians.
Welcome to Eagle Pass, Texas located on the border of the Rio Grande River only 55 miles south of Del Rio and 143 miles west of San Antonio and is home to the historical Fort Duncan. It has two International Bridges across the United States-Mexican border from their Sister City of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico. Eagle Pass is the county seat of Maverick County and is served by the Eagle Pass Independent School District which has fifteen elementary schools, two junior high schools and two high schools. They are also served by branches of the Southwest Texas Junior College and the Sul Ross State University Rio Grande College, both based in Uvalde, Texas. Eagle Pass has a 9-hole Municipal Golf Course near the Rio Grande River. Also, just outside city limits is the Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino, the only casino in Texas.