Internal Medicine Executive Health Physician – Medical Director
The University of Kansas Health System, one of the top academic medical centers in the nation is excited to launch a search for a Medical Director for our rapidly expanding Executive Health Program. We are seeking a primary care physician with proven clinical competence and leadership experience in this key strategic role.
About the Position:
- Board Certified Internal Medicine Primary Care physician to deliver executive physicals and advanced primary care
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- Driven to push growth of the existing program through evidence-based medicine, clinical and service excellence
- Passionate physician champion and clinician to lead continuing momentum in this growing top-tier competitive program
- Conversant with high-profile executive leaders and sensitive to the unique needs of this patient population
- Advanced Primary Care for a selected small panel of patients
- Executive Health Program experience preferred, but not required
- Competitive compensation, benefits and retirement
The Health System:
- Provides you access to over 200 medical specialties and services
- Executive and organizational support / professional nursing and office staff
- Newly designed state-of-the-art clinic with modern amenities
About Kansas City – metro area population over 2 million
- Affordable housing – downtown lofts, urban and suburban neighborhoods, and more
- Quality public and private educational options including colleges and universities
- Robust amenities including parks and trails, symphony, ballet, theatre, museum, performing talent, amazing dining and professional sports
We are AA/EO Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, including marital status, race/ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, creed, religion, ancestry, disability status as a Vietnam-era veteran, special disabled veteran, recently separated veteran or other protected veteran or genetic testing and screening information.
The region's premier academic medical center
As a tertiary/quaternary inpatient hospital, we advance the power of medicine to heal even the most acutely ill patients in this region and beyond. We are unwavering in our goal to be the best healthcare provider in the United States.
A partnership of excellence and collaboration
Here, physicians work with an entire team of professionals to teach, conduct research and care for patients. Through the health system’s strong partnerships with The University of Kansas Physicians and the University of Kansas Medical Center, our physicians have the resources to practice evidence-based medicine at the highest level. As faculty of the medical school, hospital physicians train the next generation of physicians.
- Expert physicians in more than 200 specialties
- Innovative research shaping the standards of care
- Advanced patient care and world-class service
- A vibrant community and rich opportunity
A world-class patient experience
Every member of our staff continually works to ensure the best experience for every patient. As a result, our facility has been nationally recognized for more than a decade. We've been ranked among the nation’s best on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals lists.
The 2018-19 national rankings for The University of Kansas Hospital:
- Cancer, #42. Eighth year in a row.
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery, #24. Recognized 12 years in a row.
- Diabetes & Endocrinology, #18. Sixth time the program has made the list.
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, #42. Eighth year in a row on the list.
- Geriatrics, #23. Eighth time geriatrics has made the list.
- Nephrology (kidney), #39. On the list nine times.
- Neurology & Neurosurgery, #31. Seventh consecutive year.
- Pulmonology, #41. Ranked for the ninth year in a row.
- Urology, #23. Made the list for the seventh time.
The hospital is also listed as “high performing” in orthopedics, which means we scored in the top 10 percent of all hospitals receiving a score in this specialty. In addition, University HealthSystemConsortium ranked us among the top 10 in quality and safety among the nation’s top academic medical centers.
Advancing the power of medicine™
Learn more about The University of Kansas Health System, its expertise
and leadership in medical research and education by clicking here.
Kansas City offers a wealth of cultural, educational and entertainment amenities in a vibrant, diverse community.
Combine that with all the affordability and charm of the Midwest,and Kansas City emerges as a truly wonderful place to live.
Visit Think KC for detailed information!