Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatrist in beautiful Central Virginia
Join our established, expanding Psychiatry team in Central Virginia as an Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatrist.
Centra Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Geriatric Psychiatrist for its front-facing Psychiatry program.
Psychiatric care is well-received and trusted in Lynchburg, Virginia and extends to the 250,000+ population in Central Virginia.
Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatry – Virginia Baptist Hospital
Our inpatient psychiatric unit is front-facing, not hidden, in historic Virginia Baptist Hospital. The hospital features onsite labs and radiology.
- 12-bed inpatient unit, including private rooms, gathering rooms and laundry
- Unit provides integrated, comprehensive care for geriatric patients with comorbid medical and mental health conditions
- Work-life balance: Call is 1:8 and a typical work week is ~40 hours.
- A multidisciplinary, collegial team: psychiatrists, psychologists, NPs, case managers and Mental Health Counselors
About our healthcare system and our community
Centra Medical Group is comprised of 450+ physicians and providers, who serve Centra Healthcare System, which is made up of 4 hospitals and 60+ clinics over 9,000 square miles of Central Virginia.
Lynchburg, Virginia has been singled out by sources such as Forbes, Newsweek, and CNN Money for its mild climate, and abundance of cultural, educational and recreational activities... all just a quick drive to Washington, D.C., ski resorts, and beaches.
As a Physician with Centra Medical Group, you can expect:
- A collegial work environment
- High quality of life
- 17% lower cost of living compared to the national average
- Generous benefits package that starts on Day #1
- Compensation at or greater than the national average
- Up to $130,000 in educational loan repayment, sign-on, and/or commencement bonus options
- $5,000 CME Allowance