Physician - Family Medicine in Surprise Lake (Milton), WA
A career with CHI Franciscan Health means working for a faith-based organization committed the providing quality care to the community. Franciscan is a non-profit health system, headquartered in Tacoma, WA and is affiliated with Catholic Health Initiatives. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefit package. CHI Franciscan's mission focuses on creating healthier communities, including caring for the poor and underserved.
- One of the largest health systems in Washington State
- 8 acute care hospitals with more than 1,000 acute care beds
Our Health Systems Includes
- More than 200 primary care and specialty care clinics - all connected to Epic
- More than 800 employed physicians and APCs providing in-patient, primary care, heart and vascular services, orthopedic and sports medicine, neurosciences and women's care. In-home and in-patient hospice and palliative services; same day surgery centers, dialysis centers, occupational health and physical medicine clinics.
- MD/DO, BC or BE (Must become BC within first two years of employment.)
- 3-5 years experience as a practicing physician.
- Washington State license required
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
CHI Franciscan Health is a nonprofit health system based in Tacoma, Washington with $2.6 billion in net revenue and a team of nearly 12,000 doctors, nurses and staff that provide expert, compassionate medical care at eight acute care hospitals and approximately 200 primary and specialty care clinics in Pierce, King and Kitsap counties. This includes St. Anthony Hospital, Gig Harbor; St. Clare Hospital, Lakewood; St. Elizabeth Hospital, Enumclaw; St. Francis Hospital, Federal Way; St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma; Harrison Medical Center, Bremerton and Silverdale; Highline Medical Center, Burien; and Regional Hospital, Burien.
Started in 1891 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia, today CHI Franciscan Health is one of the largest health systems in Washington state. The system spans more than 1,100 acute care beds, a credentialed medical staff of more than 1,500 including more than 800 employed physicians providing specialties in cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedics and sports medicine, neurosciences and women’s care. CHI Franciscan’s mission focuses on creating healthier communities, including caring for the poor and underserved. In 2015, the organization provided $141 million in community benefit, including $10 million in charity care.
Clear views of Mount Rainier and the beautiful waters of Puget Sound offer a dramatic backdrop for life in Tacoma. As Washington’s third-largest city, Tacoma continues to grow as an economic and cultural core of Pierce County.
Tacoma is located just 35 miles south of Seattle. It offers all the advantages of a major metropolitan area while living in a mid-size city with easy access to some of the finest outdoor recreational areas.
Catholic Health Initiatives, a nonprofit, faith-based health system formed in 1996 through the consolidation of four Catholic health systems, expresses its mission each day by creating and nurturing healthy communities in the hundreds of sites across the nation where we provide care. One of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, Englewood, Colorado-based CHI operates in 18 states and comprises 100 hospitals, including two academic health centers and major teaching hospitals as well as 30 critical-access facilities; community health-services organizations; accredited nursing colleges; home-health agencies; living communities; and other facilities and services that span the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care.
In fiscal year 2018, CHI provided more than $1.14 billion in financial assistance and community benefit for programs and services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. Financial assistance and community benefit totaled approximately $2.1 billion with the inclusion of the unpaid costs of Medicare. The health system, which generated operating revenues of $15 billion in fiscal year 2018, has total assets of approximately $20.5 billion. Learn more at www.catholichealthinitiatives.org
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.