Outpatient Internal Medicine or IM/Peds physician Opportunity in Norton, VA
Norton Community Hospital in Norton, Virginia, is a not-for-profit, 129-bed, acute-care facility serving Southwest Virginia and Southeastern Kentucky since 1949.
As the largest healthcare facility in the coalfield region, Norton Community Hospital provides a wide array of services through highly trained physicians and support staff. Norton Community Hospital is a member of the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association.
Norton Community Hospital offers a full array of primary care and specialty services as well as several amenities that make us the hospital of choice for residents in our area. Our team approach to health care reflects our commitment to keeping our patients at the center of everything we do.
Better Breathers Club
- The Better Breathers Club is a support group for people with COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis, lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases.
NCH Residency Program
Norton Community Hospital takes great pride in training young physicians for our rural, medically underserved area. This dedication has resulted in an increase in quality primary care for Southwest Virginia and the surrounding area and the growth of our institution. Norton Community Hospital offers the benefits of rural living with the opportunity to train in a modern and progressive hospital. Learn more about our residency program.
Our Services Include:
- Surgical Services: Our surgical suite offers state-of-the-art technology and minimally invasive procedures. This includes laparoscopic as well as hand-assisted laparoscopic procedures. Additional features include:
- Convenient covered drop-off and pick-up entrance exclusively for surgery patients
- Draeger-physiological monitoring
- High-definition video integration
- Ceiling-mounted equipment handlers
- BIS monitoring for patients undergoing general anesthesia
- Heart Care
- Cardiac Rehab
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Cardio Pulmonary
- Chest Pain Center
- Cancer Care
- Community Physicians Oncology Clinic, Oncology/Hematology Infusion Services
- Lung screenings
- Amputation and Rehabilitation Care
- Parkinson’s Disease Care
- Emergency Care
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Services
- Black Lung Clinic
- Family Birth Center
- FitOne Wellness Center
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Sleep Medicine
- Wound Care
- Home Health
- Community Home Care
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Laboratory Services
- Retail Pharmacy Onsite
- Prescription and OTC drugs
- Compounding services
Ballad Health is an integrated healthcare system serving 29 counties of Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Northwest North Carolina and Southeast Kentucky. Our system was created to improve the health of the people we serve.
Ballad Health operates a family of 21 hospitals, including three tertiary medical centers, a dedicated children’s hospital, community hospitals, three critical access hospitals, a behavioral health hospital, an addiction treatment facility, long-term care facilities, home care and hospice services, retail pharmacies, outpatient services and a comprehensive medical management corporation.
At Ballad Health, we’re completely invested in our communities because we’re your neighbors, and this is our community, too. We’re here to listen to you and address your unique needs – and we’ll always be accountable.
Norton, Virginia Community Highlights:
- Small town living
- Centrally located office
- Easy, light traffic commutes to larger cities
- Moderately-sized airport within a short drive
- Safe, family friendly communities
- Excellent public and private schools
- Mild weather and 4 distinct seasons
- Incredible mountain vistas
- Abundant outdoor activities - hiking, kayaking, rafting, etc.