Ortho/Spine Surgeon in Florida
Sebastian River Medical Center is seeking an Ortho/Spine Surgeon for employment into our Sebastian facility. Would prefer someone to start in 2019 but we are also open to 2020 candidates for consideration. Candidates should have a primary focus on doing mainly spine work verses orthopedic work but can certainly do some Ortho as well if desired. The practice location would primarily be in Vero Beach but may include an office day in Sebastian which is a short drive just 12 miles north and closer to the hospital which would be a great way to follow-up with patients seen through the ER or that live further north of Vero. ER Call would be shared with our other Ortho physicians and would be 1:3.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care, the largest private hospital operator in the United States and a physician-led health care services organization is committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live. Steward operates 38 community hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta, that regularly receives top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes more than 25 urgent care center 42 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,300 beds under management and approximately 2 million full risk covered lives throughout the company’s managed care and health insurance services. From wellness programs to community events where you can meet and talk with our health professionals, there are many ways to connect and grow together as a healthy community.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or would like to apply, please send CV to:
Dave Rezendes, Senior Physician Recruitment Specialist
Steward Health Care
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Sebastian River Medical Center brings quality health care to this community with comprehensive services and an experienced team of physicians and caregivers. We are committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of our physicians and patients by investing in modern technology and expanding the services we provide.
One of our fundamental values at Sebastian River Medical Center is our commitment to our local community. We maintain this commitment both collectively as an organization and individually in our personal contributions.
Recognition Awards & Designations
• Accredited by The Joint Commission
• Center for Medicare Services/Hospital Compare Star Rating System: 3 Stars
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures – The Joint Commission: Heart Attack, Heart Failure, IMM and Surgical Care: 2014
• Top Performer on Key Quality Measures – The Joint Commission: Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care: 2010 - 2013
• Bariatric Surgery 5-star Recipient
• Designated as Blue Distinction Center for Hip and Knee Replacement by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
• Designated as a Lung Cancer Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance
• MBSAQIP Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, 2013 by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
• Wound Care Center of Distinction Award by Healogics, 2016
• Would Care Center of Excellence Award, 2016
• Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award 5 Star Rating - Top 10% in the Nation 2016 and 2017
• Healthgrades 5 Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery 2015-2018
• Healthgrades 5 Star Rating for Knee Surgery 2014-2017
This opportunity is on a beach front community in the East Coast of Central Florida and nearby the illustrious and pristine Vero Beach!
Top notch private, charter and public A-rated schools! Seventy-two miles of white sand beaches lie in wait of sunbathers, surfers, families, and fishermen year-round!
In the Treasure Coast, lies the historic Sebastian Inlet which is home to events like professional surfing competitions, festivals, and concerts and also known for excellent saltwater fishing. The inlet spans three miles of beautiful oceanfront. Here visitors and the local go swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, or just hang out on the beachside. Neighboring Brevard County’s most popular beach cities are Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Melbourne Beach, Indian Harbor Beach, and Indialantic.
One of the many other advantages of living in this beautiful area is its close proximity to the area attractions and theme parks like Universal Studios, Epcot, Sea World, Islands of Adventure, Walt Disney World, Aquatica and Kennedy Space Center! Fine dining, golf, camping, fishing, water sports, outlet/mall & specialty shopping, MLB spring training, NBA team within distance and night life also a bonus! The community provides specialty coverage in all areas with little that cannot be treated.