Physician Assistant (PA-C) - Orthopedic Surgery
Licensed by the state to provide routine diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency care for patients; may maintain a patient case load and have specialized training in a clinical area. Clinical problems treated shall include, but not be limited to health maintenance, common acute illnesses, management of stable chronic disease, minor surgical procedures, office procedures and orthopedics consistent with the community standard for primary care providers.
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs complete physical exams and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Manage stable chronic disease in the scope of PA-C expertise, and refer patients with illness beyond the scope of expertise to the appropriate specialty or sub-specialty.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections within scope of PA-C expertise.
- Interviews and advises patients and family regarding treatment, health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts test and examination results.
- Current State PA license with prescriptive authority.
- CPR certification.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values.
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
CHI Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.
Franciscan Medical Group provides exceptional primary and specialty care to patients of all ages, serving Clallam, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, North Mason and Pierce counties. With over 500 physicians and professional providers in clinics conveniently located throughout the Puget Sound, we focus on providing compassionate, quality care tailored to meet your needs.
Part of the CHI Franciscan system, we are one of the largest physician-led medical groups in area, with a network of more than 150 primary and specialty care clinics. Our medical group is comprised of CHI Franciscan, Harrison HealthPartners and The Doctors Clinic locations, so no matter where you are, you can find personalized, expert care that is right for you.
A Great Place to Call Home
Whether you desire city sophistication or off-trail adventures, the south Puget Sound has it all. The Northwest’s bountiful waters and mountains provide an active, outdoor lifestyle. Spend a day hiking the face of a volcano, exploring saltwater beaches, or playing a championship golf course. The next day enjoy our vibrant art and theater communities and world class fine dining. Add good schools, several nationally ranked colleges and universities, a strong economic business community and affordable housing to the mix, the South Puget Sound is also a great place to raise a family. Truly one of the most desirable places to live in the United States.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|