Join Large Health System in Northern CA
Does practicing in a Northern California Gold Rush era town excite you? If so, don’t miss this opportunity to join an established, successful and growing Primary Care practice in Grass Valley, California! Below is a snapshot of the opportunity as well as hyperlinks to acquaint you with the community and our affiliate hospital, Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital (Dignity Health).
- Join a well-established primary care outpatient practice of (14) providers
- Practice has served the Grass Valley and surrounding community for 22 years
- Opportunity to join a new clinic with an established provider and advanced practitioner in the practice
- Modern, new facility with EMR
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance and 401k
- A circa 1800 Gold Rush era town nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills
- Live, work and play in your community!
- An abundance of outdoor activities including biking, boating, golfing, river rafting, and hiking
- Culture, theater, education, sports
- Easy driving distance to California’s celebrated Napa wine country, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, the Pacific Coast and San Francisco
Is the charm of Gold Country calling you? If so, let’s chat!
The Dignity Health network includes 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees providing care at more than 150 ancillary care sites and 36 acute care hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada. We provide an environment where employees feel welcome and inspired to learn from one another. The way in which we approach our patients and each other is engrained in our culture, and can be summed up in two powerful words: Hello humankindness™ (hellohumankindness.org)
Find out more at dignityphysiciancareers.org.
Dignity Health offers two distinct employment models to help physicians and allied health providers find career options that align with their professional goals and personal interests.
Through our vast network of hospitals, clinics and associated entities, Dignity Health offers numerous forms of direct employment for physicians and advanced practitioners. Just as state laws vary, so do the direct employment opportunities that exist within our facilities and associated entities. Employment agreements typically include a competitive guaranteed salary during the start-up period (approximately the first 1-2 years) followed by the ability to earn income based upon a productivity model. Annual bonuses based on patient satisfaction and quality measures are also common. By choosing this path, physicians have the ability to focus on practicing medicine rather than running a business. The benefits of employment through Dignity Health and our affiliates include:
- Being part of a large integrated health care delivery system
- Opportunities throughout Dignity Health in urban, suburban and rural settings
- Leadership and other career opportunities in some locations
- Clinical and administrative support
- Association with the Dignity Health brand
We offer opportunities for physicians to join community-based practices affiliated with Dignity Health. In many cases, providers would join an existing single-specialty or multi-specialty medical group (solo options are occasionally available). Physicians in an independent group tend to enjoy both the practice of medicine and the business side of health care. Some benefits of independent practice opportunities include:
- Exposure to and ability to impact all aspects of business operations associated with your practice
- Flexibility to adjust work/life balance to meet your personal and professional needs, since you’re the one running the practice
- Choice of joining an established practice or developing a new independent practice
The natural beauty of Nevada County, combined with the rich history and economic vitality of the area, provides an appealing quality of life that is highly valued by residents and visitors alike. Grass Valley, the largest city in western Nevada County, has a population of just over 12,000 people. Although Grass Valley and the other cities of Nevada County offer a small-town feel, the conveniences and offerings of major metropolitan areas (Sacramento, San Francisco & Reno) are only a short drive away. Our charming historic towns offer fine dining and wine tasting, museums and art galleries, antiques, shopping and a range of cultural attractions. A year-round climate of moderate weather with warm summers and short winters offer outstanding recreational opportunities, including fishing, whitewater rafting, hiking, biking, boating, hunting, skiing, golfing, gold panning and camping.