Outpatient Primary Care Physician in Alabama
New opportunity for BC/BE Family or Internal Medicine Physician. Well established primary care practice group seeks physicians to join their hospital employed, busy outpatient practice. Inpatient admissions and care are provided by Southeast Health Medical Center Hospitalist group. Practice model includes nurse practitioners. Dothan, Alabama is recognized nationally as a best place to raise kids* and a best place to retire**. Our community offers a low cost of living, excellent educational facilities, and traditional southern hospitality.
- Weekday and weekend call shared equally (no inpatient call)
- Clinic hours are Mon.–Fri. 7 a.m.–6 p.m.; Sat. & Sun. 7 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Lab and radiology services provided in-house
- Provide outpatient care at clinic and option to treat patients at 3 private nursing homes
- Paid interviewing expenses
- Commencement bonus and relocation expenses allowance
- Competitive base salary with productivity bonus option & comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement benefit
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Paid time off for vacation and illness
- Educational loan repayment available
- Openings available at 2 different locations
- One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
- 420 licensed bed facility
- 2,700+ dedicated employees
- 350 active Medical Staff
- 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart, IR and Vas surgery
- Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 a 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
- 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 3 employed neurosurgeons and 1 fellowship trained neuroendovascular interventionalist
- 10 bed dedicated Neurocritical Care Unit for acute stroke/neuroendovascular care
- 28 bed inpatient psychiatric program and outpatient center with psychiatric hospitalist coverage
- Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) is Alabama’s first osteopathic medical school and the first in the U.S. to be developed by a regional medical center.
- The second class of 143 students graduated from ACOM in June 2018.
- An ACGME Internal Medicine Residency program began July 2018 with an inaugural class of 13 residents. Intervie
- Nearby lakes and rivers and less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- Robust business environment ranked #1 in retail salesin Alabama (per capita)
- Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- Regional Airport served by Delta Airlines
- Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standards
- Recognized nationally as a best place to raise kids and a best place to retire