Breast Radiology in Sunny Arizona!
BREAST IMAGING RADIOLOGIST
LEADING CANCER CENTER IN PHOENIX, METRO, AZ
Excellent employed position with prestigious Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC) in Arizona: Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is actively recruiting for a full time Breast Imaging Radiologist to join our growing program.
As Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center continues to grow, there will be considerable opportunities for program building and participation in clinical research. While our institution supports radiologists who are interested in clinical research, research participation is not a requirement.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Fellowship training in breast imaging
- ABMS board eligible or board certified
- A strong team-oriented mentality
- Candidates with a strong interest in clinical research and medical education are encouraged to apply
- An academic appointment with UT Texas MD Anderson is available for qualified candidates
- 2020 Fellows are encouraged to apply
Radiologists are a key component of our breast team and collaborate closely with the breast surgeons and oncologists for coordinated patient care. The candidate will also be expected to meaningfully participate in our research, service, and educational missions. The position follows an 80/20 division of time, where approximately 80-85% of work is spent on clinical duties and 15-20% on academic or administrative pursuits. This is an exciting and exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated physician to join a cutting edge, multidisciplinary cancer program.
Banner Health, a Top 10 Health System for clinical performance according to Thomson Reuters, has teamed up with the MD Anderson Cancer Center, ranked number one or two by U.S. News and World Report in cancer care for the past 25 years, to open the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. This center is the broadest extension of MD Anderson's services outside of Houston and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area and entire southwest region. Designed with experts from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, the breast imaging section provides comprehensive breast imaging services, including tomosynthesis mammography, breast MRI, contrast-enhanced mammography, all core needle biopsy modalities, and radioactive seed localization.
Practicing with the BMDACC Division of Diagnostic Imaging, you will find:
- A collaborative team that includes 11 radiologists providing outstanding, comprehensive care for patients with all types of malignancies, including four breast radiologists in the Breast Imaging Section;
- A main campus that offers state-of-the-art technologies for disease-oriented, multidisciplinary cancer care and opportunities for participation in clinical research, designed with experts from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- The prestige of working with a partnership of industry leaders: #1 in cancer care-MD Anderson Cancer Center, and nationally recognized Banner Health that is also the largest integrated healthcare system and the largest employer in Arizona
WE OFFER YOU generous compensation including: competitive base salary plus incentives (wRVU) + paid malpractice + paid CME plus allowance + 401k matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans + excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
Banner Health and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center opened the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center on Sept. 26, 2011 on the campus of Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Ariz. To provide the best care to all of the Phoenix area, we have extended our services to other Banner campuses including Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, and Banner University Medical Center, downtown Phoenix.
The center joins Banner Health, one of the country’s largest nonprofit hospital systems, with MD Anderson, internationally renowned for its cancer treatment and research, to deliver unprecedented levels of cancer care in Arizona.
MD Anderson’s mission to “eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, education and prevention” complements Banner Health’s mission “to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.” MD Anderson is one of only 40 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. For seven of the past nine years, MD Anderson has ranked No. 1 in cancer care in "America's Best Hospitals" a survey published annually in U.S. News & World Report.
While the cancer center will provide care for all types of cancers, our primary focuses include:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancers
- Gynecologic cancers
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancers
- Liquid tumors, such as lymphoma and leukemia
- Convenience, accessibility and healing are the cornerstones of the center.
- Its design merges the “high tech” world of medicine with the “high touch” needs of cancer patients to provide customized, holistic care.
- The center’s unique environment incorporates proven evidence-based design theories to enhance healing such as natural light, artwork, water features and views of nature.
- Patient and family amenities include:
- Expansive lobbies
- Outdoor balconies for infusion therapy
- Larger patient rooms and treatment areas
- Patient and family support
- Retail services