Join Large Health System in Northern CA
Dignity Health is seeking Physicians for the following specialties in the Sacramento area:
- Cardiology: Heart Failure & Transplant
- Cardiology: Invasive/Interventional
- General Surgery
- General Surgery: Breast
- Infectious Disease
- Neurology: Hospitalist
- Neurology: Critical Care
- Neurology: Sleep Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery: Hip & Joint
- Orthopaedic Surgery: Sports Med
- Orthopaedic Surgery: Trauma
- Pediatrics: Hospitalist
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Radiology: Breast
To learn more about each opportunity, please visit dignityphysiciancareers.org.
The Dignity Health network includes 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees providing care at more than 150 ancillary care sites and 36 acute care hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada. We provide an environment where employees feel welcome and inspired to learn from one another. The way in which we approach our patients and each other is engrained in our culture, and can be summed up in two powerful words: Hello humankindness™ (hellohumankindness.org)
Find out more at dignityphysiciancareers.org.
Dignity Health offers two distinct employment models to help physicians and allied health providers find career options that align with their professional goals and personal interests.
Through our vast network of hospitals, clinics and associated entities, Dignity Health offers numerous forms of direct employment for physicians and advanced practitioners. Just as state laws vary, so do the direct employment opportunities that exist within our facilities and associated entities. Employment agreements typically include a competitive guaranteed salary during the start-up period (approximately the first 1-2 years) followed by the ability to earn income based upon a productivity model. Annual bonuses based on patient satisfaction and quality measures are also common. By choosing this path, physicians have the ability to focus on practicing medicine rather than running a business. The benefits of employment through Dignity Health and our affiliates include:
- Being part of a large integrated health care delivery system
- Opportunities throughout Dignity Health in urban, suburban and rural settings
- Leadership and other career opportunities in some locations
- Clinical and administrative support
- Association with the Dignity Health brand
We offer opportunities for physicians to join community-based practices affiliated with Dignity Health. In many cases, providers would join an existing single-specialty or multi-specialty medical group (solo options are occasionally available). Physicians in an independent group tend to enjoy both the practice of medicine and the business side of health care. Some benefits of independent practice opportunities include:
- Exposure to and ability to impact all aspects of business operations associated with your practice
- Flexibility to adjust work/life balance to meet your personal and professional needs, since you’re the one running the practice
- Choice of joining an established practice or developing a new independent practice
Nestled in beautiful Northern California, Sacramento is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation and one of the most affordable places to live in state. The area offers a wide variety of activities to enjoy, including fine dining, shopping, biking, boating, river rafting, skiing, or attending one of many different cultural events. Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, the vineyards of Napa Valley, and the historical Gold Rush towns of the foothills are all within easy driving distance.