General Surgery Opportunity
Osceola Regional Health Center is seeking a board certified or board eligible general surgeon to provide general surgery services (C-section training available) with a group of three Northwest Iowa Hospitals.
Join our Medical Staff with a position that offers a flexible practice design! Osceola Regional Health Center, located in northwest Iowa, is seeking a board eligible or board certified general surgeon to join a group of 2 general surgeons. This position is for the candidate who wants to be part of a network of physicians who care about their patients and want to have an excellent career with a great quality of life.
- Employed position with Avera McKennan (other options available)
- Full-time or Part-time
- Call Schedule: 1:3 weekdays; 1:4 weekends; Monday through Thursday clinic hours; 4-day work week
- Provide surgery services for Sibley, Rock Valley, and Sheldon in conjunction with 2 other surgeons
- Work closely with Family Practice Physicians to provide exceptional continuity of care
- New / spacious surgery suites (Sibley, Rock Valley, Sheldon)
- Easy drive to Sioux Falls, SD, Sioux City, IA, and the Iowa Great Lakes Region
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package with production incentives
- Flexible schedule that combines professional satisfaction and quality of life
Osceola Regional Health Center completed a 7 million dollar addition and renovation building improvement project. Improvements include 25 acute inpatient care rooms, same day care facilities, surgical suites, a special care unit, and new emergency department. The physicians are supported by a wide spectrum of physician specialists, who serve the community through Osceola Regional Health Center’s Outpatient Clinic, the only hospital and clinic in the county.
The community has a strong economic base due to the industrial and agriculture base, medical services, commercial, retail and professional services. Sibley is near the Iowa Great Lakes Region providing an outstanding quality of life. It is also 50 miles east of Sioux Falls, SD and 75 miles north of Sioux City, IA.
- Population: 2,700 / County: 6,500
- 30 miles from Iowa Great Lakes Region
- Wellness/Rehab Center with Therapy Pool and New Equipment
- Elementary school, Middle school and High school
- Wide range of recreational activities for adults and children
- Community Home School Organization
Sibley has a great public educational system with a host of academic, artistic and athletic opportunities for children. Two year schools, Northwest Iowa Community College in Sheldon, IA, and Minnesota West in Worthington, MN, are within 18 miles of Sibley and Osceola County.