Parkview Health seeking fellowship trained Palliative Care Physician to join growing team in Northeast Indiana
Job Title: Palliative Care Physician
Reports to: Palliative Care Medical Director
Status: Full Time or Part Time Available
Parkview Health is proudly committed to bringing the highest quality of care to northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio. As the region’s largest employer with over 11,000 employees, we are dedicated to improving the health and inspiring the well-being of our community. Our health system is comprised of more than 800 world-class providers in more than 45 specialties in over 312 locations.
Ideal candidates will be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine and have a desire to work as part of an interdisciplinary team. As part of our team, you will assist in providing care to patients at our two Fort Wayne hospitals, Parkview Regional Medical Center, and Parkview Hospital Randallia. Opportunities for outpatient work are also available.
Purpose of the Position
- Provides clinical expertise within the Palliative Care and Hospice team
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve the patient and family experience of care and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of resource use
- Builds effective relationships with referring physicians to ensure excellent follow-up regarding patient consults
- Ensures compliance with legal, regulatory and clinical policies and procedures
- Participation in strategic planning for the palliative care and hospice program
- Provide outreach education to Parkview co-workers, community agencies and health care settings as appropriate
- Assure that clinical protocols are implemented according to Parkview policies
- Participate in quality assurance and peer review programs; assure compliance with and implantation of any resulting recommendations
- Provide expert consultation for in-patients with serious, life threatening or end-of-life illness
- Participate in on-call coverage
- Document direct patient care services appropriately to support successful professional billing for services
- Timely review and oversight of documentation of patient care by RN or NP
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings for palliative care and hospice as needed
- Provide occasional home visits to patients
- Manage palliative care patients’ pain and non-pain symptoms with medication and other interventions
- Maintain effective working relationships with all Parkview co-workers, management and medical staff
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Board Certification or eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Excellent interpersonal communication and a desire to work cooperatively as part of an interdisciplinary team
As an employed physician of Parkview Health, you will be eligible for highly competitive salaries plus annual incentive compensation opportunity, commencement bonus, student loan assistance up to $150k, paid relocation, paid malpractice insurance and full benefit package including retirement contribution plan, flexible spending accounts, health insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability, dues, licensure & memberships, annual physician allowance (for CME’s and other qualified expenses) as well as many other non-traditional benefits.
For additional information or to submit your CV, please contact Brittany Thomas at Brittany.Thomas2@Parkview.com or (260) 266-2438.
Fort Wayne is Indiana’s second largest city and within three hours of Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis. It is supported by a large vibrant community, economic development, easy airport access, great shops and restaurants! Indiana is ranked as one of the nations top "physician friendly" states with
- low cost malpractice coverage
- low managed care
- simple licensing process
- affordable cost of living
Check out more about Parkview Health and Fort Wayne by visiting the following links:
- Parkview Health named one of the nation's top employers by Forbes
- Parkview community hospitals recognized among Best Places to Work in Indiana
- Fort Wayne, Ind. was rated #1 place to raise a family in 2017, Top 20 Housing Market in 2017 and #6 Best Affordable Place to Live in 2015.
- Downtown Fort Wayne Virtual Tour
- Choose Fort Wayne
- Purdue University Fort Wayne
- University of St. Francis
- Compare cities
- Fort Wayne Visitor’s Bureau
- Living Fort Wayne
- Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
- Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
- See the future vision of Fort Wayne here