Research Medical Center in Kansas City, MO is searching for a fellowship trained Vascular Neurologist to join their busy and expanding hospital-employed practice. The practice is currently comprised of 5 full time physicians and 5 Nurse Practitioners who provide services at Research Medical Center.
Ideal candidates are vascular/stroke fellowship trained or experienced Neurohospitalist physicians. Block scheduling with great work life balance! Compensation and benefits are highly competitive including guaranteed base salary with productivity bonus component, malpractice insurance, relocation, health insurance, life insurance, retirement contributions, CME time and funding, and paid vacation time.
ABOUT Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center (RMC) is a licensed, 590+ bed facility offering medical and health clinic services - including women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room and trauma center, a stroke center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics - across three Kansas City locations. Our campuses include the main campus on Meyer Boulevard, the Research Medical Center Brookside Campus on Rockhill Road and Research Psychiatric Center, a campus of Research Medical Center on 63rd Street. Our Neuroscience Institute features:
* Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
* 44 ICU beds, including 12 new dedicated neuro-ICU beds
* 24/7 onsite coverage ICU by nurse practitioners
* Neuro-Interventional radiology
* Stereotactic radiology
* Neurosurgery with minimally invasive surgery
* Option for Neurology resident teaching
ABOUT HCA Midwest Health
At HCA Midwest Health, comprised of seven acute care hospitals, three managed partner hospitals, outpatient centers, clinics, physician practices and surgery centers, we are focused on delivering exceptional healthcare services to the residents of the community. Everything we do is designed to benefit patients in the communities we serve. We know that area residents, like most patients everywhere, prefer to be treated close to home. Our system consists of the area's largest hospital network and largest physician group, an advantage which allows us to easily direct patients to the right care in the place most convenient for them.
ABOUT Kansas City
-Kansas City earns a spot on the 10 Most Affordable Cities in America by PureWow. Comparisons are drawn on housing, gym memberships, movie tickets and more.
-Kansas City secures No. 9 ranking on list of the Friendliest Cities in America by Travel + Leisure. The ranking order was chosen due to above-and-beyond sensitivity, affordability and walkability.
-Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more.
-According to Business Insider, Kansas City is ideal for both a celebratory weekend getaway and permanent relocation. The ranking -- which dubs KC a place to "have a blast on the cheap" -- is based on availability and costs of entertainment and recreation, nightlife and parties.
Come see what we have to offer!
Research Medical Center: www.researchmedicalcenter.com
Visit KC: www.visitkc.com
Welcome to KC: https://vimeo.com/112352796
Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
Founded more than 120 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this 507-bed institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $100 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women's Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department.
Recognizing the need for highly specialized programs to treat the critically ill, Research Medical Center has selected four specific clinical areas and designated them as a "Center of Excellence." These four centers represent a commitment by the Medical Center to provide the very best facilities, the most technologically advanced equipment and some of the top physicians and staff specialists in the region.
About Kansas City:
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.
Come see what we have to offer!