Internal or Family Physician - Southern New Mexico, Outpatient, & Loan Repayment!
With over 300 days of sun a year, Carlsbad enjoys mild winters and hot and dry summers. Fret not!, the Pecos River runs through the entire city and lends to several water-friendly recreational activities such as kayaking and swimming. Located at the tip of the Chihuahuan Desert, Carlsbad has a population of approximately 40,000. Due to its booming economy (tourism, oil and gas, agriculture, potash mines), the City is expected to grow to a population of nearly 200K within the next 5 years. Carlsbad attracts people from all over the world due to its Cavern’s National Park. It was established to preserve the caverns and numerous other caves within the Guadalupe Mountains. The park contains over 100 known caves including the famous Lechuguilla Cave. Carlsbad also has a Living Desert Zoo & Gardens State Park which is an indoor/outdoor living museum displaying more than 40 native animal species and hundreds of succulent plants from around the world. Carlsbad's "Christmas on the Pecos" also attracts people regionally (including Texas) who want to enjoy the bright lights and boat displays during the holiday season. This city has several tree-lined streets, numerous public parks and recreation areas, including the municipal beach and greenway along Lake Carlsbad; originated as an oasis - "The Pearl on the Pecos." Great schools, low crime, and a friendly, small-town atmosphere also make Carlsbad a great place to live! If you enjoy, fishing, boating, water skiing, camping, hunting, and/or golfing, Carlsbad is a community you should consider!
Additional Links of Interest:
We deliver solely Primary Care at this Health Center (our Behavioral Health Center is a short drive away).
Our clinic, the Carlsbad Family Health Center, boasts 11 exam rooms and 1 procedure/immediate care room. It's staffed by a dynamic Advanced Practitioner Team consisting of 3 Family Nurse Practitioners and 1 Physician Assistant. Our providers deliver high-quality healthcare, education, and school-based health services to a culturally diverse population. As a provider at our health center, you will be a part of an organization that promotes integrated care and collegiate settings. Rest assured that you will enjoy our generous PTO plan, CME days off, CME stipend, achievable incentive plan, and work-life balance – that means no nights, weekends, nor calls. We are a National Health Services Corps eligible site with a corporate-wide HPSA Score of 18 for Primary Care.
PMS OFFERS OUR PHYSICIANS- Sign On Bonus', Relocation Stipends, and more!
Loan Repayment Eligibility: PMS has a corporate-wide HPSA score of 18 for Primary Care. All of our health centers are NHSC eligible sites. Please reach out to our Recruitment team to learn more about how you can receive 50K tax-free dollars for 2 years of service or $75K tax-free dollars for 3 years of service.
JOB CATEGORY: PRIMARY CARE
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a professional position of a highly complex nature involving the direct medical care of patients. The work is performed independently with clinical oversight provided by the Site Medical Director and/or Vice President of Clinical Affairs. The Physician must operate in accordance with the terms and conditions of the various contracts and grants providing for the funding of programs and projects.
• Graduation from a medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or the Committee on Hospitals of the Bureau of Professional Education of the American Osteopathic Association, or Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners or the National Board of Osteopathic Examiners or the New Mexico Medical Board.
Spanish Speaking a Plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
• Licensed to practice medicine by the State of New Mexico with the ability to obtain admitting privileges and active staff membership at local hospital, if applicable.
• DEA license.
• New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR).
• Medicare PIN and UPIN numbers.
• Medicaid number.
• Have or be able to obtain BLS/CPR or ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. If you are assigned to a center with ACLS medications and/or equipment, you must have ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
NHSC Approved Site