Medical Director - Inpatient Psychiatrist
J1 and H1B Visa applicants welcome.
Medical Director opportunity for a general psychiatrist in beautiful southern New Jersey to work with a hospital system featured on Becker's Healthcare "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019" list. Woodbury offers a great family-friendly atmosphere with 113 acres of parks and recreational facilities, four galleries and museums, two libraries, and a community garden - all while being within 30 minutes of the culture and night life Philadelphia has to offer. We are offering a competitive salary, sign-on bonus, CME allowance, and a variety of perks such as discounted gym memberships, weight loss programs, discounts on cell phone packages, computers, amusement parks, theater tickets and more.
- Provision of full range of psychiatric services to assigned patients. Services provided include direct care of patients in the clinical setting including: assessment, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of patients and determining the degree of disabilities in patients. Psychiatrist will prescribe medication to patients as deemed necessary and will conduct medication management. All services to be documented in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data and test findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
- Prescribe, direct, and administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patient to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
- Participates in treatment team activities to include the development and periodic review of patient treatment plans and will take necessary steps when a patient refuses treatment.
- Subject to on-call responsibilities as assigned.
- Chairs the treatment team or designates a chairperson.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be licensed as a psychiatrist in the state of New Jersey or able to obtain licensure.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Must complete a satisfactory background investigation.
- Located within 30 minutes of Philadelphia
- Friendly, quaint town with 113 acres of parks and recreational facilities, galleries, museums, libraries, large art community, and community garden