Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)
Palliative Care Opportunity
Northeast Georgia Health System(NGHS), a not-for-profit community health system serving almost 1,000,000 people,is currently recruiting a Palliative Care Physician to join our Palliative Care service line.
- Palliative Care Team currently consists of two (2) Physicians, two (2) Nurse Practitioners and a Licensed Social Worker
- Provides palliative care consultations within the hospital – primarily at the Gainesville campus
- May also provide palliative care in an outpatient clinic as that service is established.
- Acts as a liaison between specialty consultants and primary attending staff to ensure high quality care.
**The ideal candidate will possess a mature, warm and patient personality with a passion for palliative medicine and care. Flexibility and compassionate bedside manner are essential. Must be a self-starter who takes initiative to work collaboratively with Interdiscliplinary Team.
- Board certified/eligible in Hospice/Palliative Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship, preferred but not required
- Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team preferred
- Experience with collaboration and supervision of Advanced Practice Professionals preferred
- Willing to participate in staff, volunteer and physician palliative care education
- Current state medical license and in good standing with medical board.
Northeast Georgia Health System is now a three-hospital system. Northeast Georgia Medical Center - Gainesville(NGMC) is a 557-bed regional referral center located in Gainesville, Georgia that provides total health-related care including a level II trauma center. Northeast Georgia Medical Center – Braselton is currently a 125-bed facility, with expansion plans, that was just opened in April 2015. Northeast Georgia Medical Center – Barrow is a 56-bed campus located in Winder, Georgia.
We offer Highly Competitive Compensation Plans, 401K Matching / 457B Plans and Life, Health & Disability Insurance. We are in the 4th fastest growing area in the country with activities for all ages including beautiful hiking, mountain bike trails and water sports on Lake Lanier.
To learn more about these opportunities, contact:
Erica Morrison, Physician Recruiter at: 770.219.3021 or Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. Through the services of a medical staff of more than 900+ physicians, the residents of Northeast Georgia enjoy access to the state's finest and most comprehensive medical services.
Healthgrades has named Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 2018 and only one of two hospitals in Georgia to get this honor. Also, NGHS has been named one of "Metro Atlanta’s Top 100 Workplaces" by the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) for 2011 - 2017.
Northeast Georgia Medical Center's expert level of care has been recognized on a national and statewide level including:
- Number one in Georgia and top 5% in the nation for Cardiac Care
- Accredited with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer for Cancer Care
- CARF-accreditation for inpatient rehabilitation including stroke specialty care certification, one of the first in the nation
- American Society of Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence certification, and the first hospital in Georgia to offer gastric bypass surgery using the da Vinci robotic surgical system.
•Georgia’s #1 Heart Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Orthopedic Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Vascular Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Women’s Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Neurological Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Pulmonary Hospital