The work you will do on the U.S. Army healthcare team is not only an essential service, but also life-saving. You will use specialized skills to solve unique challenges in surgical surroundings, in patient care, and more. There are invaluable opportunities like paid continuing education, humanitarian missions, leadership training and competitive benefit packages. It is a career that makes a difference in our Soldiers’ lives and your own. If you choose the Army Reserve, you can work in your community and serve when needed. For either path, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, surrounded by dedicated professionals who share your values and a passion for excellence.
Army Reserve (Part-time)
- Loan Repayment: Receive $250,000 in student loan repayment in $40,000 annual payments to qualifying federal student loans paid directly to the lending institution through the Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP).
- Incentive Pay: $40,000 paid annually for 2, 3, or 4 years. Must have completed a residency program in your specialty.
- Specialized Training Assistance: Monthly stipend while enrolled in an accredited residency program. Recipients must be a U.S. citizen and will serve in the Army Reserve after completing residency.
- Insurance: Low cost comprehensive healthcare and dental plans for you and your family.
- Travel opportunities, to include humanitarian missions.
- Flexible retirement plan for 20 years of service.