General Neurologist - J1 Waiver's welcome to apply!
CHI Health and Creighton University School of Medicine are seeking quality driven, patient–centered Neurologist to join our progressive, and rapidly expanding Department of Neurology in Grand Island, Nebraska. This opportunity is well suited for those passionate about providing comprehensive neurological care in a Center of Excellence with a primary interest in General Neurology.
J-1 Visa Candidates, welcome to apply.
These opportunities offer:
- Opportunities in General Neurology
- Work/Life Balance Schedule
- Inpatient and outpatient services
- ED Consults
- Stroke Medical Director
- Partner with our well-respected and Experienced Neurology Team based in Omaha
- Partner with Omaha's Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Stroke Center, EMG-NCS Lab, and EEG Services
- Academic Appointment available if desired
- Two Year Income Guarantee + Relocation Allowance + Benefits
CHI Health Immanuel's Neurological Institute has become only the fourth program in the country to receive a new advanced stroke certification for a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center.
CHI Health's Interventional Neurologist Vishal Jani, MD is the first neurologist in the state to perform the important emergency procedure.
Qualified Candidates send CV to:
Cristine Daniel, MBA
The Physician Network is physician-led, physician directed organization established to provide convenient access to care for physicians and their patients to the Christ centered health care services provided throughout the CHI Nebraska ministries.
Quick facts about The Physician Network:
- is a wholly owned subsidiary corporation of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), the nation's second largest Catholic health care system.
- over 340+ providers and consists of 50+ practice locations located throughout Nebraska.
- allows physicians in a variety of specialties to focus their efforts on the practice of medicine and be assured that the business and financial aspects of the office operation are handled competently and professionally in a market-leading manner.
The Physician Network's affiliate hospitals include CHI Health Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center and CHI Health Nebraska Heart Hospital in Lincoln; CHI Health Saint Francis Medical Center in Grand Island; CHI Health Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney; and CHI Health St. Mary's Community Hospital in Nebraska City.
Grand Island is the third largest city in Nebraska, with an estimated population of 50,000. The community also serves residents in much of rural Nebraska including an area of over 100 square miles with an estimated population of over 200,000. There is truth to the stereotype of Midwestern hospitality. We smile a lot and often wave as we pass each other on the highway. Grand Island has all the components that make living affordable and enjoyable.
Incorporated in 1872, Grand Island has a rich history reflected today in the stability of the community and the outstanding quality of life for its residents. Hall County.
Located in the center of the State, Grand Island is accessible to Central Nebraska Regional Airport. It is known as the retail hub of central Nebraska, offering lodging, dining, shopping, entertainment, service programs, and information to the 30-plus rural communities in a 90-mile surrounding area.
More than 90 manufacturing plants provide jobs for over 7,000 people, drawing from a rural population base of talented and diverse workers. Grand Island is Nebraska’s largest city outside of the Omaha & Lincoln Metropolitan area; it's the third largest retail trade center in Nebraska. Named Outstanding Nebraska Community in 1997. World Trade Magazine has ranked Grand Island 9th in the Top 10 List of Smaller Communities with an excellent quality of life.
The city is served by 19 public and 7 private schools. Post-secondary educational institutions include Central Community College, College Park – (Doane & Bellevue Adult Education Facility), and the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center. 56 churches are in and around Grand Island.
Top Five Employers
- Swift & Company: 3,500 employees
- Chief Industries: 1,641 employees
- CHI Health St. Francis: 1,300 employees
- Case IH (formerly Case New Holland): 750 employees
- McCain Foods, USA: 546 employees
Catholic Health Initiatives, a nonprofit, faith-based health system formed in 1996 through the consolidation of four Catholic health systems, expresses its mission each day by creating and nurturing healthy communities in the hundreds of sites across the nation where we provide care. One of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, Englewood, Colorado-based CHI operates in 18 states and comprises 100 hospitals, including two academic health centers and major teaching hospitals as well as 30 critical-access facilities; community health-services organizations; accredited nursing colleges; home-health agencies; living communities; and other facilities and services that span the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care.
In fiscal year 2018, CHI provided more than $1.14 billion in financial assistance and community benefit for programs and services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. Financial assistance and community benefit totaled approximately $2.1 billion with the inclusion of the unpaid costs of Medicare. The health system, which generated operating revenues of $15 billion in fiscal year 2018, has total assets of approximately $20.5 billion. Learn more at www.catholichealthinitiatives.org
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.
CHI Health St. Francis:
- Level III Trauma Center
- 159 bed regional referral center
- A member of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI)
- Recently completed a $40 million, 9 story patient care tower
- Alcohol and drug treatment center
- Cancer treatment center
- Cardiopulmonary Care
- Hospice and home care services
- Inpatient rehabilitation unit
- Joint replacement center
- Maternal child
- Pain management
- Trauma services