Urgent Care Medical Director in Baton Rouge, LA
Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge is expanding its leadership team and is seeking an Urgent Care Medical Director. Physician must be board certified in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of leadership experience in an Urgent Care or Emergency Room setting.
Highlights of the Position:
- Will serve as the Medical Director with dedicated hours for clinical and administrative duties
- Responsible for oversight and management of the delivery of high quality, compassionate, cost effective health care in the Urgent Care Clinics.
- Manages the quality of provider and clinical staff work, ensuring adherence to the protocols of OUC and the accepted standards of care.
- Three Urgent Care clinics located throughout the greater Baton Rouge region; opened 7 days a week to accommodate patient demand
- X-ray and lab conveniently offered at each site
- Common procedures performed include simple I&D, laceration repair, and cauterization
- All providers required to work a minimum of 1 weekend per month
- No call required
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists at Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge
- Support available from specialists and sub-specialists throughout Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker’s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog. Ochsner Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health System, Louisiana’s largest non-profit healthcare delivery system. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and 80 countries worldwide each year.
For more information, please visit www.ochsner.org or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Ochsner Baton Rouge is nationally recognized for
providing quality healthcare to patients throughout the region!
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it one of the most populous cities in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!