Urgent Care Medical Director in Baton Rouge, LA
Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge is expanding its leadership team and is seeking an Urgent Care Medical Director. Physician must be board certified in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of leadership experience in an Urgent Care or Emergency Room setting.
Highlights of the Position:
- Will serve as the Medical Director with dedicated hours for clinical and administrative duties
- Responsible for oversight and management of the delivery of high quality, compassionate, cost effective health care in the Urgent Care Clinics.
- Manages the quality of provider and clinical staff work, ensuring adherence to the protocols of OUC and the accepted standards of care.
- Three Urgent Care clinics located throughout the greater Baton Rouge region; opened 7 days a week to accommodate patient demand
- X-ray and lab conveniently offered at each site
- Common procedures performed include simple I&D, laceration repair, and cauterization
- All providers required to work a minimum of 1 weekend per month
- No call required
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists at Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge
- Support available from specialists and sub-specialists throughout Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker’s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog. Ochsner Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health System, Louisiana’s largest non-profit healthcare delivery system. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and 80 countries worldwide each year.
For more information, please visit www.ochsner.org or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Ochsner Baton Rouge is nationally recognized for
providing quality healthcare to patients throughout the region!
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it one of the most populous cities in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!