Physician - Cardiology -Critical Care
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking a critical care cardiologist to join the cardiovascular division in furthering our mission to be a leader in innovation and transformational initiatives. We have established a new service providing comprehensive critical care for non-surgical medical multimorbid patients with cardiovascular disease. Our program cares for a large population of out-of-hospital and in-hospital cardiac arrest patients from across the upper Midwest requiring multi-modality hemodynamic support.
- Join a multidisciplinary team of 30+ Cardiologist
- 80% Clinical role with 20% protected research time
- 1:4 weeks (8am-5pm) rotating in the cardiovascular ICU; remainder of clinical time within the cardiology division
- Inpatient Volume: 5-15 patients as a daily census
- Call: Home Call with fellows as primary during overnights
- Our faculty plays an active role in teaching and mentoring
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Competitive compensation commensurate with community standards
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA cardiology and critical care fellowship training program.
- BC/BE with the ABIM in cardiology and critical care
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
University of Minnesota Medical Center is the teaching hospital of the University of Minnesota Medical School and a 1,932- licensed bed facility. Located on the banks of the Mississippi River near downtown Minneapolis. The medical center offers a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services. As one of the most respected academic medical centers in the nation, University of Minnesota Medical Center balances responsiveness to patients' needs with access to innovative treatments and technology, delivering superior health outcomes.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2017 Minnesota Bridges to Excellence Awards (Minnesota Health Action Group): 33 Fairview and University of Minnesota Health clinics - Awarded for delivering high-quality clinical care.
- Ranked the best hospital in the Twin Cities metro area and among the top hospitals in the country in eleven specialties, according to U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Hospitals," Rankings in 2016
- More than seventy physicians from the University of Minnesota Medical Center were honored in over thirty specialties by Mpls and St. Paul Magazine "Top Doctor List of 2017". The physicians were singled out by their peers as the best health care providers in the Twin Cities.
- System for Change Award from Practice Greenhealth: For our success in environmental sustainability efforts.
- Ranked among the nation's top academic medical center in quality of care, according to a University HealthSystem Consortium report.
The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is a thriving community of nearly 3.5 million people. We have a strong, diversified economy, excellent education system, and a high quality of life that can be enjoyed during all four seasons. It’s a great place to live, work and raise a family. It’s home to 17 fortune 500 companies, four major professional sports team and is second to New York in theatre seats.
Include Wikipedia City link as well as the following links: