Inpatient OR Outpatient Adult Psychiatry – YOU CHOOSE!
Join our established, expanding Psychiatry team in Central Virginia as an Inpatient or Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist.
Centra Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Adult Psychiatrist for its front-facing Psychiatry program.
Psychiatric care is well-received and trusted in Lynchburg, Virginia and extends to the 250,000+ population in Central Virginia.
Inpatient Unit – Virginia Baptist Hospital
Our inpatient psychiatric unit is front-facing, not hidden, in historic Virginia Baptist Hospital.
- Shaped like a “T”, this 25-bed inpatient unit is equipped with open beds, group rooms, laundry, kitchen and private areas
- Work-life balance: Call is 1:8 and ~10 patients/day on average
- Safety: The team is MANDT-trained, the unit has the capability to lock 3 areas, and a Mental Health Safety Support team
Outpatient – Piedmont Psychiatric Center (PPC)
Located on the grounds of historic Virginia Baptist Hospital, PPC is a well-established, multidisciplinary practice affiliated with Centra Healthcare System.
- A multidisciplinary, collegial team: psychiatrists, psychologists NPs and PAs, and Mental Health Counselors
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) available
- Work-life balance: The typical work week is ~40 hours, No call for practice
About our system and our community
Centra Medical Group is comprised of 450+ physicians and providers, who serve Centra Healthcare System, which is made up of 4 hospitals and 60+ clinics over 9,000 square miles of Central Virginia.
Lynchburg, Virginia has been singled out by sources such as Forbes, Newsweek, and CNN Money for its mild climate, and abundance of cultural, educational and recreational activities... all just a few hours' drive from Washington, DC, ski resorts, and beaches.
As a Physician with Centra Medical Group, you can expect:
- A collegial work environment
- High quality of life
- 17% lower cost of living compared to the national average
- Generous benefits package that starts on Day #1
- Compensation at or greater than the national average
- Up to $130,000 in educational loan repayment options, sign-on, and/or commencement bonus options
- $5,000 CME Allowance