Trauma Surgeon in Wisconsin
Mercyhealth, an award-winning fully integrated health care delivery organization based in southcentral Wisconsin, is seeking a full-time, BC/BE Trauma Surgeon. The ideal candidate must have excellent surgical and interpersonal skills, with an interest in providing high quality personalized care to patients in a well-established and robust practice. A fellowship is required, along with ATLS.
- Mercyhealth Hospital & Trauma Center encompasses 235 licensed beds, including a 15 bed ICU and a 12 bed SCU.
- Mercyhealth Hospital & Trauma Center was recertified as a Level II Trauma Center in November 2018 with NO deficiencies. Some of the many strengths of the program include:
- Involvement by the physicians in local and regional trauma organizations.
- ER leadership highly involved in pre-hospital care and ED Medical Director is a strong leader. All Emergency Medicine physicians are directly employed by Mercyhealth, are BE/BC, have formal residency training, and are certified in ATLS, along with ACLS and PALS.
- Trauma Program Manager and Trauma registrar are designated as exceptional and management of the program is exemplary.
- Low nursing turnover and exceptional nursing leadership.
- Unique and exceptional SIM center and MD-1 physician program.
- Team includes 3 full-time general surgeons, a trauma program coordinator, and 3 advanced practice providers.
- Surgery Center currently includes 10 ORs and a daVinci surgical robot, with a $15M expansion in 2019 which will add additional OR space and a hybrid suite.
- In 2018, there were 909 total patients entered into the trauma registry and 674 total trauma activations.
- Mechanism of injury includes 94% blunt, 5% penetrating and 1% burn (burn patients are transferred).
- Epic – one EMR integrated through all of our clinics and hospitals.
Your Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Sign-on bonus and tuition reimbursement, if applicable
- Paid relocation, CME allowance, state medical society membership and association membership dues
- Robust benefits package including paid disability, life, and malpractice insurance
Take the next step! Contact:
Director, Provider Recruitment & Retention
Serving Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 700 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 85 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care. We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services, offering the highest level of care available at our neonatal intensive care unit, caring for the most fragile preemies in the region’s only Small Baby Unit, and serving as a State of Illinois-designated Perinatal Center for an 11-county region.
Janesville is a city of about 66,000 people with 150,000 people in Rock County. Janesville has all the advantages and amenities of a smaller city while still having easy access to four larger cities (Madison, Milwaukee, Rockford, Chicago). The cost of living in Rock County is low and housing is affordable. The school system is very good with both public and private schools available. The Janesville park system is extensive and includes children’s play areas, pools, gardens, golf and many other activities. Janesville has many restaurants and there is excellent dining within 40 minutes in Madison and Lake Geneva.